Tuscarawas County MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
And, as was suspected, TCSO, NPPD, NORTH PD, SOUTH PD, TWIN CITY PD, DOVER PD, SWISS PD are all enc -- and I'm sure any other Law stuff.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Even the Jail is encrypted

Yeah it's sad. I think they saw the (some say) corrupt SO10 and Carrollton PD encrypt last year and figured "hey, there were no outcries, we might as well do it". Of course, as much as I'd like to listen to LE, I totally get not wanting to have everyone with scanner apps on mobile phones listening in.

eng64

Yeah it's sad. I think they saw the (some say) corrupt SO10 and Carrollton PD encrypt last year and figured "hey, there were no outcries, we might as well do it". Of course, as much as I'd like to listen to LE, I totally get not wanting to have everyone with scanner apps on mobile phones listening in.

eng64

As part of the turn up of the new 7 site simulcast in Tuscarawas County on June 2nd, we felt it best to make you aware that the existing New Philadelphia ASR site 79-01 will also be decommissioned today, June 2nd, from 08:00 - 17:00.

This site will no longer be needed as we will turn up and transfer all radio traffic to an additional 6 sites in the county.

What this means to your agency is additional coverage and capacity by way of a seven site simulcast in the county vs the current four ASR sites.

The existing Stonecreek, 79-03 site, will be absorbed into the simulcast while Newcomerstown 79-05, and Peoli 79-02 remain ASR sites for the foreseeable future near the county’s southern border.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They got the need, the need for more voice channels. They are getting quite a few channel unavailable messages. They currently only have two active voice channels in service on the P25 simulcast.

The old Moto Type II system hasn't seen a channel grant since before noon today, although there are radios still affiliating with the old system.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Trying to program our G4's for my department and I'm a little lost. Stark County was easy. All the towers for us were under the same RFSS and Site ID. But I see four different Site ID's listed for Tuscarawas County. I'm not sure if I'm just getting zero reception or if I programmed them incorrectly. We are in SW Stark County.

Here's what I used:

WACN: BEE00
System ID: 348
RFSS: 3
Site ID: 19

Primary: 857.7875
Alternate: 855.4875
Alternate: 856.2375
Alternate: 852.425
Alternate: 853.425

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to save us some $ and a several month wait to have a company reprogram these for us.

RFSS: 3
Site ID: 25

Primary: 857.7875
Alternate: 855.4875
Alternate: 856.2375
Alternate: 856.7875

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Trying to program our G4's for my department and I'm a little lost. Stark County was easy. All the towers for us were under the same RFSS and Site ID. But I see four different Site ID's listed for Tuscarawas County. I'm not sure if I'm just getting zero reception or if I programmed them incorrectly. We are in SW Stark County.

If you are in SW Stark -- Are you wanting to monitor the Stark Co Simulcast or the Tuscarawas Co Simulcast? My last response to you was for monitoring the Tuscarawas Co Simulcast.

Mike

amenges911

If you are in SW Stark -- Are you wanting to monitor the Stark Co Simulcast or the Tuscarawas Co Simulcast? My last response to you was for monitoring the Tuscarawas Co Simulcast.

Mike
Unfortunately we can only monitor Stark at this point. Our pagers are set up for our tones and our neighboring department tones. We also neighbor Bolivar and Strasburg but do not have any way both at the same time.. and we cannot monitor Tuscarawas county yet because if we have our pager on Tuscarawas, our South Fire tones will not be picked up. Luckily MARCS is looking into a way for us to monitor Tuscarawas county and if our tones go off for our department, they will still go off despite being on South Fire in Stark County.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Unfortunately we can only monitor Stark at this point. Our pagers are set up for our tones and our neighboring department tones. We also neighbor Bolivar and Strasburg but do not have any way both at the same time.. and we cannot monitor Tuscarawas county yet because if we have our pager on Tuscarawas, our South Fire tones will not be picked up. Luckily MARCS is looking into a way for us to monitor Tuscarawas county and if our tones go off for our department, they will still go off despite being on South Fire in Stark County.

Stark Co Simulcast
RFSS: 2
Site ID: 63

Primary CC: 774.88125
Alternate CC: 774.63125
Alternate CC: 857.5125
Alternate CC: 858.0375

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Site 3-24 New Philadelphia has been down since yesterday and has been removed from the database.

Site 3-25 (the Tusco Simulcast) now lists various neighbor sites

* they are still only using two voice channels at this time -- at times not enough channel resources
* all Law traffic thus far has been 100% encrypted (no surprise there)
* I see no signs of the old Tusco Co Motorola Type II system online

From what I can tell, they have migrated over (even though the simulcast may not be in its final configuration).

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They have all the channels in service on the simulcast now. No more "resource unavailable".

Just heard on Helpdesk that they are at Stone Creek and are preparing to take it offline and convert it into a site in the simulcast cell. So sometime today 3-84 will disappear as a standalone site, never to return.

Mike

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
They just need to crank up the power. I can’t believe how weak the SIGNAlL is. I can copy Summit County when conditions are good which is much further away. Hello Staley’s

dskeen

I am no scanner expert by any stretch of the imagination but what I am picking up on Tusc county after reprogramming my scanner sounds terrible. cuts in and out, cant understand it alot of the time. im not talking about the LE channels. just the fire and EMS. I dont know if i have something programmed wrong or if they just dont have all the bugs worked out quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.