Tuscarawas County Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper1453

I am looking to purchase a scanner to pick up all of Tuscarawas County and possibly the surrounding counties. I know they also have the Ohio MARCS system.

Which scanner would be the best for this area?

Thank you for all of the feed back...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am looking to purchase a scanner to pick up all of Tuscarawas County and possibly the surrounding counties. I know they also have the Ohio MARCS system.

Which scanner would be the best for this area?

Thank you for all of the feed back...
The best scanner is almost always the best one you can afford.

Uniden BCD396XT / BCD996XT / BCD436HP / BCD536HP. Those models will all work well around here. Also GRE PSR-500 / PSR-600 or Radio Shack PRO-197 / PRO-106.

Problem with the GRE / RS models is that I don't how available they are, or if you can get any support for them. So at this time, I can only recommend Unidens.

Any of the Unidens that I mentioned above will monitor all of the popular systems in your area. However, only the BCD436HP / BCD536HP will monitor P25 Phase 2. Currently there is nothing in your area using P25 Phase 2. However, MARCS-IP is being built out currently and will likely eventually have PHase 2 talkgroups.

So I'd recommend getting a Uniden BCD436HP or BCD536HP. Bite the bullet. You won't need another scanner for many years if you get one of those.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.