Tuxedo Ridge, Orange County NY frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF153

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knew what frequencies the Tuxedo Ridge Ski center in Tuxedo New York operated on. I looked through the fcc licenses for orange County but I couldn't find any licenses issued to them. I also tried searching with a scanner to see if I can pick up anything but it was to no avail. Maybe I am missing something? If anyone knows what frequencies they are using that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-Kevin

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knew what frequencies the Tuxedo Ridge Ski center in Tuxedo New York operated on. I looked through the fcc licenses for orange County but I couldn't find any licenses issued to them. I also tried searching with a scanner to see if I can pick up anything but it was to no avail. Maybe I am missing something? If anyone knows what frequencies they are using that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
-Kevin

Ski Patrol frequencies are usually licensed by National Ski Patrol regardless of which facility they operate at. WNIX720 and WNIX733 in Orange County but neither of them show a location at Tuxedo Ridge or the Sterling Forest Ren Fair. Those two licenses show locations nearby on 17 or 17A so they may just use them. Any way, the NSP frequencies are pretty much the same where ever you go, at least around NY State.

If there are radios used by staff (other than Ski Patrol), the license may be in the name of a corporation or an individual. I saw nothing under the Tuxedo Ridge or Sterling Forest names, but it could be anything.

If you can find out the name of the family that owns the place, you may find a license.

One other possibility is that they are using some radio shop's radio system.

FF153

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I know about the ski patrol radios, I was wondering about the ones the employees use to communicate on. I am going to see if I can get a hold of one of there radios and use the close capture feature on my scanner to get the frequencies. And it is a possibility that they are using the one voice network but I highly doubt that. I will take a look next time I'm up there and keep you posted. Thanks for the response!!!

FF153

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that is the previous owners, it is entirely possible that they are still using those frequencies unlicensed

FF153

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks for the reply, like I said before I am going to try and get a hold of a radio and see exactly what they are using!

Status
Not open for further replies.