TV antenna any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What a bunch of pedants talking what should be a simple answer to death! That simple answer is: Yes it has been done successfully but all things considered it's not worth all that work and special consideration. Use the right tool for the job, don't try to hammer nails with a screwdriver.

Oh, if you want to get rid of those old antennas in a hurry relabel them HDTV and they'll sell like hot cakes. I kid thee not, what do you think Radio Shack did?

Oh BTW TV antennas come with FM blocking elements that must be broken off in order to receive FM properly, read the instructions.

Last edited:

Don_Burke

Actually if you look at whats being sold for "tv" antennas they have been re-designed. Gone are the BIG log periodic antenna most associated with TV's. IN there place is are smaller "HDTV" antennas that are all in one amplified. Yes you can still find the anodized aluminum "deep" signal antennas and I have even seen a resurgance in the in the curtin antenna's but Many of the antennas being sold are these smaller, amplfied alien death ray looking yagi's.
What I sold as HD antennas when was at RS were regurgitated analog TV antennas.

My orginial statement stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.