TV on your Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

A little birdie ;) told me that you can sometimes catch the IFB feed (Pre-delay program feed) of CBS13 and CW31 on 26.110 and sometimes on one of their 455 frequencies. Rumor has it that they are upgrading their 26 mhz system and transmitting on their other 26 mhz frequency at a much higher elevation in the near future to get better coverage in the market.

Typically you'll hear the (commercial free) feeds during Good Day Sacramento and sometimes during CBS13 news. Also you'll hear occasional testing. They are also occasionally active on their 450/455 repeaters with engineers and photographers talking on them.

KCRA also still transmits on IFB signal an 450/455 frequency for their chopper. It's posted in the database.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
mkewman - all throught the 1980's I was able to scan all VHF/UHF television Audio channels, I had them all programed in to my Scanners. I even purchased a ICOM R-3 TV scanner, I could tune not only the Regular TV channels but also Receive scanner Audio from ENG that were setting up the Remote Transmitters for Breaking news and PRE-Broadcasts for the Evening News. could hear them TUNING up Mt. Sutro . but that all but Ended with Digital HDTV.

Norman

KCRA talks to their chopper almost every weekday around 4pm on the 450 frequency getting ready for shots for the news.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Here using an SDR dongle and discone can hear IFB from a number of channels. Frequencies are 450 and 455 MHz region. At times just a carrier is heard though. Some are 50 miles distant, not bad. Wonder how much power they are using, or perhaps they use a repeater, not sure.

I do remember when the band was open hearing IFB from TX stations in the 26 MHz region.

Years ago I used to listen to Chatter Radio on UHF with their traffic reports and helo reports. Those helo pilots have a great sense of humor.

Great post, like these off-the-beaten path intercepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.