tv walkie talkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

iangoose

i am new to the scanning world but i hope someone can help me. i would like to listen in on tv and movie crews that use two way radios. anyone help me with the frequancies? regards ian

W2NJS

There are literally thousands of possible radio channels on which you'll find this kind of activity. If you know the name of a production film company, or a TV production facility then you could look them up on the FCC database and find out where their operating frequencies are. Same goes for a TV station. Start at Home | FCC.gov and look for various prompts, and also use the database that's part of this Board. Some companies, rather than use frequencies assigned to them, will rent radios from a rental company and use frequencies licensed to the rental outfit. It's also possible for these outfits to use wired intercom systems which have no radio component, but then again some intercom systems do use radio as part of their operations. It can be a complicated subject but if you dig into it you'll find a lot to listen to.

N8IAA

Here in the states, or on the other side of the pond? If other side of the pond, try the UK forums further down the forums page
Larry

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The crews could be using unlicensed services, radios leased and operated under the lessee's license, or even cell phones. Each crew would have investigated, individually.

W2NJS

Sorry about that; I should have noted the OP's location, but except for the FCC reference I'd think that the situation in the UK for the subject being discussed is pretty much the same as in the US.

iangoose

thanks guys and yes i am in the uk. i can listen to pmr and aircraft to airport and shop security and cb radio tho i am a cber anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.