TVA - Hamilton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Lets go ahead and make this an official request: We need a lot more data on the TVA TRS, from all over the region, from Hamilton Co, down into MS, and all the way to Memphis and around. Please help us out guys, this is a very large system.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
This may be a repeater I have been monitoring in North Ga Area

I think I have determined it to be part of TVA's Security and Emergency Management system. They list only one p25 frequency, and it has the NAC 298. It is for Raccoon Mtn, but I believe this frequency 169.7125 NAC 298 is possibly a repeater in North Georgia.

ecps92

Sequoyah and most of the Nuclear and Fossil Plants are UHF (406-420) trunks with some VHF as part of the Trunk.

I think I have determined it to be part of TVA's Security and Emergency Management system. They list only one p25 frequency, and it has the NAC 298. It is for Raccoon Mtn, but I believe this frequency 169.7125 NAC 298 is possibly a repeater in North Georgia.

jfhtm350

I dont know about the trunking system but they seldomly use the conventional frequencies around me. Ive been confirming my frequencies for 3 months now and only had one hit the other day. I found it kind of boring anyways. It seems about the time they disbanded the police, they quit using them. Maybe they moved to a system I dont know about.

ecps92

They only Re-Organized the Agency, the ole Police are know under "Security and Emergency Management" and remain (last info) Analog.

S&EM are the contracted Security and the TVA Law Enforcement Inspectors and Investigators

I dont know about the trunking system but they seldomly use the conventional frequencies around me. Ive been confirming my frequencies for 3 months now and only had one hit the other day. I found it kind of boring anyways. It seems about the time they disbanded the police, they quit using them. Maybe they moved to a system I dont know about.

jfhtm350

If there is security here at the dam, then they are plain clothes and plain vehicles like you say contracted. Ive never seen them but if they are plain jane then I guess I wouldnt have. As far as the TVA police and TVA police cars go, they are gone here. Havent seen them in years. The freqs they used arent active. I do know the sheriff does a routine security check of the dam. If there are contracted security then they use some other frequency than what the TVA police did or possibly another PL,DC,NAC code since I have those programmed in.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
TVA has a number of radio systems and because they are a federal agency they fall under NTIA so you can't do an FCC search for them. As far as the two systems mentioned here there are a conventional mixed mode P25/analog VHF system that is used by both TVA Investigators and Inspectors as well as contract security, and also a P25 UHF trunk which is being built out at plant sites for power operations mainly. The legacy systems (not in DB) are still in use too, but I'm not around those areas so can't comment. PM me if you have additional questions and I'll try to provide info best that I can.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Here is Western KY I am hearing traffic on 169.6250 NAC 418. Hearing 300, 900 units as well as TOC.
Can anyone tell me if this is TVA Investigators and Inspectors or contracted security.
If I`m not mistaken security at the TVA Shawnee Steam Plant I hear on P25 trunked system is contracted.
Thanks

ecps92

the use of $418 by TVA appears to be the Police/Security channel (unknown if the contracted or TVA)

What CC's are you hearing for Shawnee and is the NAC $008 ??

Here is Western KY I am hearing traffic on 169.6250 NAC 418. Hearing 300, 900 units as well as TOC.
Can anyone tell me if this is TVA Investigators and Inspectors or contracted security.
If I`m not mistaken security at the TVA Shawnee Steam Plant I hear on P25 trunked system is contracted.
Thanks

catbird

Premium Subscriber
the use of $418 by TVA appears to be the Police/Security channel (unknown if the contracted or TVA)

What CC's are you hearing for Shawnee and is the NAC $008 ??
Today the CC is 408.5375. Yes the NAC is 8.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
TVA S&EM

Monitoring 169.6250, 169.6750, and 169.71250 all with NAC of 418 in W.KY.
Wiki shows 169.6250 as the Pickwick site. Anyone have any information of the sites for the other two frequencies?
Thanks

ecps92

See if you get 172.4750, reportedly from Roosevelt and Holston Mtns

Monitoring 169.6250, 169.6750, and 169.71250 all with NAC of 418 in W.KY.
Wiki shows 169.6250 as the Pickwick site. Anyone have any information of the sites for the other two frequencies?
Thanks

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
I hear 172.475 about daily, although it's usually just radio checks. Occasionally someone leaving KOC or COC or whatever they call the offices. It's all P25 now and this would be from Roosevelt. Not sure of the NAC.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Some (many) of the repeaters are linked. Many frequencies (as are partially listed in DB) are used multiple places in "the Valley". They are actually mixed mode.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

ecps92

CoC = Chattanooga Office Complex

I hear 172.475 about daily, although it's usually just radio checks. Occasionally someone leaving KOC or COC or whatever they call the offices. It's all P25 now and this would be from Roosevelt. Not sure of the NAC.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Im in NE TN, been searching almost daily for possible TVA TRS site in this area with nothing yet. Im sure we will get one but waiting isnt fun! The 172.475 P25 is very active here btw!

ecps92

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
None of these near you ?
Tennessee Valley Authority Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

The TRS will generally be in the 406-420 band, altho with the new Dual Band Radios (Think they are Harris) they can add VHF to the TRS as well

The closest locations to NE TN would be John Sevier Combined Cycle and the Johnson City Customer Service Center. The hydro plans in that area are probably not on the UHF TRS.

TVA: Work Locations and TVA Facility List:

Status
Not open for further replies.