TVA S&EM Hiwassee River Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I occasionally travel from Central NC out to Alabama for work and typically travel out US74 through Murphy and into Tennessee along the Hiwassee River and Ocoee State Park. There are several dams and TVA facilities along the route and I would like to add the appropriate TVA S&EM repeaters for the route to my zone that covers that drive. Looking at the map, it appears that the Oswald Dome repeater on 168.225 would cover that area but the database still has it as analog. Does anyone know the correct NAC for this site or any sites that would better cover this area? Is the "Dam Safety Net" on 168.575 103.5 simulcast at multiple sites and still analog?

Thanks!

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the map, it appears that the Oswald Dome repeater on 168.225 would cover that area but the database still has it as analog. Does anyone know the correct NAC for this site or any sites that would better cover this area?
I would imagine that Oswald Dome is probably digital now, though I don't know what the NAC would be. You could try F7E for the NAC which should unmute for any NAC. I would also try adding in the Racoon Mtn. site which is on 171.75000 with NAC 298.

I just put Oswald Dome into my radio, so I'll update this if I find out the NAC or if it turns out to be NFM still.
Is the "Dam Safety Net" on 168.575 103.5 simulcast at multiple sites and still analog?
Not sure, as I don't often monitor TVA which is mainly due to the fact that there is rarely anything interesting to be heard and because the audio leveling on the Greentop and Sharps Ridge Sites is terrible.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Yeah, last time I was in Pigeon Forge I noticed the terrible audio on Greentop. Just trying to prepare for future trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.