TVA S&EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any updated information on frequencies for Security at the various Dams?
Hearing traffic on 169.7125 NAC 418.
Thanks
Richard in WKY

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Does anyone have any updated information on frequencies for Security at the various Dams?
Hearing traffic on 169.7125 NAC 418.
Thanks
Richard in WKY
I finally programmed all the TVA S&EM frequencies listed in the RRDB to see what was up. Seems to me that all the same frequencies are being used, just rotated around from before. I can hear the Pickwick, Tennessee repeater & the repeater in the Shoals Area of Alabama (can't remember it's name) and both are using frequencies that were used elsewhere before.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I finally programmed all the TVA S&EM frequencies listed in the RRDB to see what was up. Seems to me that all the same frequencies are being used, just rotated around from before. I can hear the Pickwick, Tennessee repeater & the repeater in the Shoals Area of Alabama (can't remember it's name) and both are using frequencies that were used elsewhere before.
Thank you RadioJonD. Which frequency/NAC do you receive the Alabama repeater? Do you have enough information to update the RBDD?

catbird

Premium Subscriber
RadioJonD do you have any information on the frequencies and or tones for the sites you are monitoring?
Thanks

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I've taken TVA S&EM out of primary banks. Had to remember to turn the other on and listen.

What I believe to be Wilson is 171.750 MHz with NAC 303

I'm not where I can hear Pickwick until this afternoon.
Thank you sir.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
I've taken TVA S&EM out of primary banks. Had to remember to turn the other on and listen.

What I believe to be Wilson is 171.750 MHz with NAC 303

I'm not where I can hear Pickwick until this afternoon.

Finally! TVA S&EM Pickwick: 169.625 MHz with NAC 418

I live between Wilson (Colbert?) and Pickwick. As for other sites, I'll try to remember to listen to S&EM when travelling.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
Thank you.
Curious about frequency 169.7125 with NAC 418
TVA may well have added frequencies to the mix. S&EM traffic consists of 500 series units talking to "Chattanooga" and/or "Knoxville."

Numbered call signs for the two Com Centers were dropped in favor of origin City. When I worked in the now closed Muscle Shoals Com Center, we were "500."

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
TVA may well have added frequencies to the mix. S&EM traffic consists of 500 series units talking to "Chattanooga" and/or "Knoxville."

Numbered call signs for the two Com Centers were dropped in favor of origin City. When I worked in the now closed Muscle Shoals Com Center, we were "500."
I have a family member that retired from maintenance at Browns Ferry

KM4POK

Has anyone considered checking government allocated frequencies for TVA or are we all concerned with a knock on the door? The LST-325 locked through Wilson yesterday and I never even knew it was en route.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
Has anyone considered checking government allocated frequencies for TVA or are we all concerned with a knock on the door? The LST-325 locked through Wilson yesterday and I never even knew it was en route.

Though TVA owns dams along the Tennessee & Cumberland Rivers, the US Army Corp of Engineers is tasked to operate the locks.

LST-325 would have called the lock on Marine Band Channel 16 (156.800 MHz) upon approach to Wilson Dam. Most likely, the Wilson Lock Master then directed LST-325 to an alternate channel. If memory serves, that would be Marine Band Channel 13 (156.650 MHz) for Wilson Lock.

I tracked LST-325 movement here.

ecps92

AIS works for tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.