TVF&R Rebanding & Radio Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Canby was indeed dispatched by CCOM Fire Dispatch on a smoke investigation, but it turned out to be in Clackamas' district. Canby was assigned Ops 24 for the call, but while Battalion 6 was out looking around, they were using a different talkgroup (55536).

Sorry...this thread kind of became a "WCCCA / CCOM" thread. It's gotten way off topic from where it was when I first posted. I've just started posting out new TGIDs that I find in the hopes that others can listen in, and possibly identify them so they can go in the DB.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Two new TGIDs found in the last little while

50192 - TVFR HAZMAT Training Ch. - Communication between Hazmat 34/53 (referred to as Resource on air) to entry team(s)

63696 - Law (SWAT?) - Command Post to Negotiations / Sniper (Not sure what agency this is with, but the order of TGIDs would indicate it's a WCSO TGID); in any case, they were training

radiotweester

TVF&R Snow activity

Washington County OPS 37 (50608) was VERY lively on Monday Dec 22!

On Monday WCCCA and TVF&R went in to emergency mode where the North, South, and East Battalion Chiefs were actually dispatching their own units for all non-life and death incidents in their respective districts.
FireCom would announce the call to the North, South or East BHQ on OPS 37 (50608), and the Batt Chief would send a unit (usually a brush rig or pickup) to check the incident. The bad thing was the unit had to monitor Dispatch (50640) and OPS 37 (50608), but it worked out well

Heads up that Training 1 (50160) was also used to coordinate between the Chiefs and the FTL stationed at WCCCA. I'm not sure why Admin (50128) wasn't?

This all took place between about 0800 and concluded around 1700. It was quite interesting to listen too, but being snowed in, what else was I going to do. :)

Regarding
50192 TVF&R HAZMAT I haven't heard it, but I'll have to add it. - THANKS!
63696 IS WCSO TNT aka SWAT. It's not used a lot during real incidents except to get supplies and people to the scene. It was was B14 on the old MTS2000 SO radios, not sure if it's the same on the XTS radios. If you're so unlucky as to be stuck in a real incident (or around a training scenario) monitor Police TALK 2 866.3875 (at least until rebanding takes place).

Happy Holidays you ALL!

Last edited:

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
They've temporarily re-established the East Division, and have a temporary battalion chief (C7) stationed out of 359...or...at least that was the plan. Things might have changed when all three BC's had their conference call Monday morning.

He may be stationed out of 58 now, along with R58 (I believe it's the old R56 that was out at Sta. 56), and MED58 (a new medic unit according to a TVF&R press release).

That HazMat talkgroup was used during training at a Tualatin business a few months back. Engine 35, Engine 34, HazMat 34, and C6 were using Training 1 until the time they had to "enter the contaminated building." At that point, communications were between the HazMat truck itself and the crews inside. I haven't heard anything on that TG since that training exercise.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Actually those aren't names but Hex TG IDs.
HEX=C4F C4D C6B
Scanner=50416 50384 50864
Motorola=803151 803149 803179
Windows built-in calculator is my friend! :)
The names are the text that start with "ops"

Hey, Fix_It:

Are you sure that Ops 29 is C6B/50864 and not C7B/51120? Seems odd that there would be that big of a gap between Ops 28 and Ops 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.