TVF&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

... I don't think OPS10 is a patch or a repeater, I'm thinking it's a channel to throw them on due to "increased" radio chatter that comes with the communication issues.

All Talk Groups go through the system repeaters, whether they are part of the "backbone" or an Intellirepeater (fill-in) site. The only exceptions are the Simplex channels that are direct, unit to unit.

mjohnston4

So Dick, there is currently a fatal MVA on Cornelius Pass RD. E64 was first due and Firecom came on to say that this is the area that bad radio reception occurs and suggested using OPS10. But they didn't switch, so I wonder if OPS10 is used, and Firecom has the ability to use it?

DickH

So Dick, there is currently a fatal MVA on Cornelius Pass RD. E64 was first due and Firecom came on to say that this is the area that bad radio reception occurs and suggested using OPS10. But they didn't switch, so I wonder if OPS10 is used, and Firecom has the ability to use it?

Normally I would be monitoring, but if it was in the 2PM to 4PM time period I was sleeping.

kf7psc

Premium Subscriber
I have heard a few times, usually for crashes on Corn Pass, WCCCA dispatcher on OPS10 with TVFR (and sometimes Portland) units and Portland AMR.

hillsbjp

Premium Subscriber
TVF&R

A couple days ago I heard traffic on ops 10 and when I listened closely I realized that I was hearing Washington county traffic on ops 10. Apparently there is a cross-system patch between Ops 34 and Ops 10 that can be enabled by WCCCA dispatchers as necessary. I think it may have been accidentally left open in this case because the Ops34 traffic dropped off a few minutes later.

What I'm thinking is, if a call appears on the CAD page with "PDXOPS" in the unit list, the responding units will use Ops 10 which will be patched to Ops 34 so WCCCA dispatchers can talk to the units who may be out of range of the Washington County TRS. Again, there's an Portland tower site down in Cornelius Pass that provides coverage for the canyon down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.