Tweaking Audio on Fleetnet for a 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone had specific settings they tweaked their 396T's to for Fleetnet in the GTA area. I get a little choppy at times still even with full signal and was wondering if anyone had specific manual settings they were using to get better audio.

Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone had specific settings they tweaked their 396T's to for Fleetnet in the GTA area. I get a little choppy at times still even with full signal and was wondering if anyone had specific manual settings they were using to get better audio.

Thanks

You are probably wise to check the archives on this forum. This question has been asked a number of times previously & everyone has their preferences. I have mine set to manual 8.

MetalCarnage

You are probably wise to check the archives on this forum. This question has been asked a number of times previously & everyone has their preferences. I have mine set to manual 8.

i searched the archives for the entire forum and got a lot of stuff for the states, which isnt too helpful since it seems every system has its own settings that work best. I guess i should have specifically searched just in eastern canada. I will give man 8 a shot and see if it smooths things out. (I wish my 396T was as stable as my 796D, the 796D never has a glitch, perfect every time).

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Check to see the firmware version your scanner is running. IIRC an update from Uniden helped decode P25 data better, I noticed an improvement that time.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
When and if you get some imput please post your results that you find is the best setting.
I am interested to see what others say.

MetalCarnage

Check to see the firmware version your scanner is running. IIRC an update from Uniden helped decode P25 data better, I noticed an improvement that time.

I have been running the most recent firmware that Uniden had released, still gets a little wonky at times, but still testing out different settings, kinda trying a new one everyday and seeing what seems best.

Status
Not open for further replies.