Twin Cites Radio Monitors on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I created a group for all of us on the facetube place. Its purpose is not to have discussion, but for those of us who are social media folks to do some more networking and also to help disseminate events and such. I thought about MySpace, but wasn't so sure if it even existed anymore...

Twin Cities Radio Monitors on Facebook

blue5011

I check here once a week or so to see what I might be missing in the MN scanner world. Lo and behold I came across this thread today. I have no particular argument against facebook, but really, why should I join another website? Especially one whose dubious intention is to make me the product, and has no regard for individual privacy?

My beef is that I should not have to "belong" to facebook just visit your site, should I? Reading posts and such on Radio Reference is available without having to "belong". It is as though I am probably the only one who feels this way...

I apologize to those of you who use facebook, I just don't see it as the "end all be all". I hope RR doesn't go to facebook commenting... then I will have to join.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
That was never my intention of the FB group...

It is a good notification tool for events which is what my main purpose of it was. Looking at the group page, you will notice that traffic on it is rather light.

It wasn't some dubious attempt to make every comply with the need to be translucent. For those of you who don't have any opposition to being marginally public about our lives, join it. For those of you who enjoy staying on the bare periphery of the internets, don't join it.

sfd119

I check here once a week or so to see what I might be missing in the MN scanner world. Lo and behold I came across this thread today. I have no particular argument against facebook, but really, why should I join another website? Especially one whose dubious intention is to make me the product, and has no regard for individual privacy?

My beef is that I should not have to "belong" to facebook just visit your site, should I? Reading posts and such on Radio Reference is available without having to "belong". It is as though I am probably the only one who feels this way...

I apologize to those of you who use facebook, I just don't see it as the "end all be all". I hope RR doesn't go to facebook commenting... then I will have to join.

Dude...it's just so we all can be more connected on another site. RR isn't going there. The group was started by a member here as a way for us to branch out more into the social networking and perhaps get some of the "younger" crowd interested into scanning. Take it easy, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.