Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Palm Pre: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.3.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0)

dan2125 said:
Is there a way to merge what I have programed into my pro 106 with the file you have?

The only way I can think of to do it with my file would be to use Freescan. You would have to open the file in Freescan and then copy and paste the data to whatever software you are using for your Pro-106.

StevieD

Hey raven take a look at this..This is the file i got, added to it

Attachments

• 21-11-2009 19-04.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 139

zworkon

I have a BCD396T I downloaded the .zip file, everything went fine, but the ID file names do not show up when in id search mode. Is this normal? Does anyone know if XCel energy is trunked and if so, is there a database with them also? I also seem to have a reception problem...the sound seems broken up sometimes. I even purchased a large antenna and it seems to still happen. Any tips, tricks? Sorry to be a n00b but I am (^_^) Thanks!

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396T I downloaded the .zip file, everything went fine, but the ID file names do not show up when in id search mode. Is this normal? Does anyone know if XCel energy is trunked and if so, is there a database with them also? I also seem to have a reception problem...the sound seems broken up sometimes. I even purchased a large antenna and it seems to still happen. Any tips, tricks? Sorry to be a n00b but I am (^_^) Thanks!

The alpha tags will show up for the talkgroups that are programmed into the particular system you are listening to. If the talkgroups are mot programmed into that system, then you will just see the TGID.

Where are you located and what system(s) are you trying to listen to? This may help explain your reception problem.

Also, what exactly are you using for an antenna? Bigger doesn't mean better when it comes to antennas, especially for 800mhz. If you don't already have one, I would highly suggest you go to Radio Shack and get their 800mhz antenna. You will also need the SMA to BNC adapter that came with your 396 to use this antenna

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102525

Last edited:

zworkon

gotcha thanks for the info. I am currently in St. Paul, and
i did get the 800Mhz antenna and it did improve, but it still seems choppy. I listen to the St. Paul stuff and it varies as to where the problems are. Is there a master list of ID's that could be programmed into the BCD396T?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber

Do any of the ID names show up at all? If so then Raven had the answer. If not you likely have not changed it to show the ID names. To do this, if the radio is in scan let it stop on a ARMER TGID then press hold. Then hold down the function button (the top button on the right side of the radio) and then press 5. This should put the scanner into a mode to show the names that are programmed in.

kskeppe

I have BCD396xt. I've used FreeScan to upload your programming. Scanning Washington county, it appears to be finding hits, but I never hear anything. I'm new to scanning, is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks
kskeppe

dan2125

Premium Subscriber
east or west?

Does anyone know which system Champlin police and fire are dispatched from?

kskeppe

BCD 396XT - Programmed by no audio

I just got the BCD 396XT. I used freescan to load the programming (provided in this link). My scanner is scanning and getting hits. I'm getting all the bars. But there is no audio (yes I have the volumne on :) ). Once and a while I get the start of something, but it for 1 second, then silent.

I'm in Washington County, MN.

Am I missing something in the programming or configuration of the scanner. Or do I have a defective scanner.

Thanks for any help.

kskeppe

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know which system Champlin police and fire are dispatched from?

Champlin PD is dispatched on the Hennepin North Main, they are 5200 units.

Champlin shares its FD with Anoka. The Anoka-Champlin FD is dispatched on Anoka County's fire dispatch talkgroup.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I just got the BCD 396XT. I used freescan to load the programming (provided in this link). My scanner is scanning and getting hits. I'm getting all the bars. But there is no audio (yes I have the volumne on :) ). Once and a while I get the start of something, but it for 1 second, then silent.

I'm in Washington County, MN.

Am I missing something in the programming or configuration of the scanner. Or do I have a defective scanner.

Thanks for any help.

kskeppe

What are you trying to listen to and what part of Washington county are you in. Washington County is a long county, so it could be anywhere from forest lake to cottage grove, and where you are in between can make a difference of what you can hear.

kskeppe

I loaded the Freescan396.zip (18.2 KB, 10 views) file using FreeScan to my BCD396XT scanner.
I'm in Woodbury- Washington Cty.

I can pick up St.Paul, Ramsey Cty. I don't get any hit in Washington Cty.

Has Washington Cty encrypted?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Washington county is not encrypted. If you're not getting anything on them you might want to double check the frequencies you have programmed in there.

kskeppe

I've double checked the frequencies on the RadioReference DB.

Do you have a file I can upload to my scanner for Washington Cty. I'm using a BCD396XT scannner. If it works for you and not me, maybe I have a defective scanner.

Thanks
kskeppe (Woodbury, MN)

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The Scanfan link seems to be dead unless I am doing something wrong?

Greg

No, you aren't doing anything wrong. I hadn't actually clicked on the link to download the file. Now I see the links on that page go back to the old Geocities site which no longer exists, so I guess there isn't any way to access those files.

Status
Not open for further replies.