Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

silviarunner

Here is my file, works with win500 (WIN500 downloadable here:Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control)

SCANNER FILE: upload.p500
QUOTE]

I have used win500 and opened your file then uploaded it to the scanner. Soon as I turn on the scanner and start scanning freqs I only pick up the anolog freqs. None of the 800. Is there something i have to do to the scanner after i upload the file to the scanner

signguy10

Here is my file, works with win500 (WIN500 downloadable here:Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control)

SCANNER FILE: upload.p500
QUOTE]

I have used win500 and opened your file then uploaded it to the scanner. Soon as I turn on the scanner and start scanning freqs I only pick up the anolog freqs. None of the 800. Is there something i have to do to the scanner after i upload the file to the scanner

There shouldn't be anything more you have to do. It should work. Look on the LCD display, at at the very top middle, there should be a signal symbol with some bars next to it. As it is scanning, how many bars do you tend to see? And where are you located? The only other thing I can think of is to re-upload it again.

Anneal

Hello All,
WAY newbie here...My wife bought Me a BCD996T and I'm trying to figure out how to load the programming file thats at the beginning of this thread. I have the software for my scanner loaded on my computer here. I had a file link sent to me, downloaded it and get a bunch of letters (programming?) I'm sorry, but it isn't making any sense to me. Could anyone help this newbie out? I am in the Eagan area of town, and am interested in My city, DOT snowplows, and State patrol stuff mainly. you can email me directly if you'd like: ptgcutter@yahoo.com
Thanks

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
WAY newbie here...My wife bought Me a BCD996T and I'm trying to figure out how to load the programming file thats at the beginning of this thread. I have the software for my scanner loaded on my computer here. I had a file link sent to me, downloaded it and get a bunch of letters (programming?) I'm sorry, but it isn't making any sense to me. Could anyone help this newbie out? I am in the Eagan area of town, and am interested in My city, DOT snowplows, and State patrol stuff mainly. you can email me directly if you'd like: ptgcutter@yahoo.com
Thanks

What software are you using? Your best bet would be to download Freescan.

ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

If you go to post #19 of this thread (near the bottom of the first page) and download the freescan396.zip file, you can use that file wth Freescan to program your 996. Make sure you keep track of what folder you download the file to so you can open it in Freescan.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The file for the FreeScan 396T does work with the 396XT just fine.

That's good to hear. At the last scanner meeting we successfully took the file from my 396T and put it on a 996T using Freescan, so I assumed it would also work with the XTs. It's great to get a confirmation that it does actually work.

Anneal

Thank you!

Did the download of "Freescan" and then the program file of the counties. It uploaded great (I think) plus I added some Delta Airlines frequencies and have been listening. Now I will play a bit with how to place them and see them in the scanner. I'm new...sorry...
Thanks again!

What software are you using? Your best bet would be to download Freescan.

ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

If you go to post #19 of this thread (near the bottom of the first page) and download the freescan396.zip file, you can use that file wth Freescan to program your 996. Make sure you keep track of what folder you download the file to so you can open it in Freescan.

kskeppe

OK, I got my BCD396XT scanner working for Washington County, MN - Woodbury Area. Below are the only things I needed to do to get it done. **This is through a lot of trial & error.....

1> Downloaded programming from radioreference database via FreeScan for Wash Cty (P25 system)
2> P25 Adjust Level : setting of 50 (this is the default)
3> Band Defaults - Changed all 800 freq's from NFM to FM *I never received anything until I did this
4> Upgraded antenna to a RS800 & Seeker 800 **Both work good

*Note: When scanner is lean again something, so the antenna is at an angle, my error rate go from 40-70 to 0-9.

**If anyone has any technical knowledge why switching the bands from NFM to FM and why having the scanner sit at an angle gave me such good results, please comment. Thanks

JonCinMN

OK, I got my BCD396XT scanner working for Washington County, MN - Woodbury Area. Below are the only things I needed to do to get it done. **This is through a lot of trial & error.....

1> Downloaded programming from radioreference database via FreeScan for Wash Cty (P25 system)
2> P25 Adjust Level : setting of 50 (this is the default)
3> Band Defaults - Changed all 800 freq's from NFM to FM *I never received anything until I did this
4> Upgraded antenna to a RS800 & Seeker 800 **Both work good

*Note: When scanner is lean again something, so the antenna is at an angle, my error rate go from 40-70 to 0-9.

**If anyone has any technical knowledge why switching the bands from NFM to FM and why having the scanner sit at an angle gave me such good results, please comment. Thanks

Band Defaults: What is the difference of NFM and FM? Is it necessary to change the settings to FM? What about the Set step?

I've just got my new BSD396XT programed from the op files using free scan. I have yet to hear anything from around my area (New Brighton). I'm getting MSP East and West, and Ramsey Co Fire but nothing from RC dispatch. Any ideas?

JBWayzata

Premium Subscriber
Can you repost that scanner file?

I just bought the Pro-106 and an looking for a file so i can upload it to my scanner without having to do the tedious task of entering all the id's and freqs by hand. any way someone could repost that scanner file for the west metro again it seems as though it is no longer being hosted on the website. that would be greatly appreciated! you can also email me the file if you have it sitting around and do no want to host it, my email adress is jamesbotham@gmail.com. Thanks to anyone that can send me this file!

signguy10

I will post the file in a couple days once I get my computer all set up. I just moved out. Check back in a couple days.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I should also have a new file for Unidens posted before too long. I've been working on it here and there in my spare time and I think I have it just about done. It has all the Metro stuff plus I've added Central and SE MN and some other things.

gadgetguy15

What is the best way to monitor all possible traffic in the Metro? I know some channels have a home system but others are allowed to roam onto other systems. For frequencies for the systems, are you better to have a Ramsey Co bank with Ramsey Co freqs and Ramsey Co agencies (SPPD, SPFD, ect), a Washington County bank with Wash Co freqs, and Wash Co agencies (Woodbury, Cottage Grove, ect), OR somehow combine all the talkgroups into each system (Ram Co freqs in the Ram Co bank, but have the Wash Co and other talkgroup IDs programmed in case they roam onto the system)?? I live in Oakdale on the Ramsey/Wash Co border so am confused on how to effectively be able to monitor everything available, including agencies roaming onto the towers I can pickup.

Thanks

davef3138

Feed Provider
I should also have a new file for Unidens posted before too long. I've been working on it here and there in my spare time and I think I have it just about done. It has all the Metro stuff plus I've added Central and SE MN and some other things.

I've also been working on an ARMER file for the entire state. It's broken up into different systems by region, with some talkgroups duplicated between them. It's mainly a framework for the sites, the talkgroups (mainly in the metro) need a LOT of work:

I threw it here: bold98.org/temp/radio/armer-freescan.zip

HoooyaJohn

Premium Subscriber
No idea whats wrong

OK. Maybe wrong place for this but.....

I have a bcd396t with up-to-date firmware etc. I have been using it for some time now, and have had little problem getting to hear what I want. By no means am I an expert with this thing, but I can do what I consider the basics.

About 2 weeks ago the thing went deaf. Not hearing anything out of it, where previous to that I was hearing as much as I cared to.

Since then I have reloaded all the systems into the scanner 3 times and still, no joy.

When the thing is in scan mode a crossed Mpls (1 TG monitored), Henn (6 TG monitored), & State Patrol (5 TG monitored) where I use to hear stuff, now nothing.
If I hold on a talk group, say msp 2400, it picks up the transmission a few ms into it. (I have an access to a P25 radio for comparison), but in scan mode it never locks up on the TG

Is there a way set all settings back to factory default? (Maybe that will help)

Any ideas??

BTW I use ARC396 for the software

markgmeyer

Premium Subscriber
Pro-106 Metro Area File

Please, please, please! This is exactly the frequency layout I've been looking for.

Here are some links to my current file for my Pro-106, if you're interested.
It is pretty extensive, covering the twin city metro area.
This is how I have my scan lists set up:

1. ARMER digital system talkgroups for the entire county metro area, including
Police, Fire, EMS, Ambulance, DNR, DOT, State Patrol, Air Care Helicopters, SOA conventional freqs, etc.
Does NOT include Metro Mobility, Light Rail, MTC Buses (see scan list 20 for those)
2. Miscellaneous conventional frequencies for metro area
3. Ham Radio Frequencies for the twin city metro area
4. Isanti county conventional frequencies
5. Life Link Helicopter, Air Care Helicopter frequencies
6. Chisago county conventional frequencies
7. ARMER system talkgroups for Anoka County only
8. ARMER system talkgroups for Hennepin county only
9. ARMER system talkgroups for Ramsey county only
10. ARMER system talkgroups for Washington county only
11. ARMER system talkgroups for Chisago and Isanti counties only
12. ARMER system talkgroups for Stearns and Benton counties only
13. ARMER system talkgroups for Sherburne and Wright counties only
14. Open Scan List, not currently used
15. ARMER system talkgroups for Carver county only
16. ARMER system for talkgroups Scott county only
17. ARMER system talkgroups for Dakota county only
18. ARMER system talkgroups for all metro counties, Ambulance, EMS, medical only
19. ARMER system talkgroups for all metro counties, DNR, DOT, State Patrol only
[FONT=&quot] 20. ARMER system for all metro counties, Metro Mobility, Light Rail, MTC Buses only[/FONT]

I have saved the file in both Win500 and Arc500 formats.

The Win500 link is : 2shared - download twin city metro area.p500

The Arc500 link is : 2shared - download twin city metro area.gr5

To save the file, Click your mouse on where it says:
Save file to your PC: click here

FYI- Most of the time, I just have scan list 1 turned on, which covers the Entire ARMER system.
I also have a wildcard programmed in, so you will be able to catch any new / unlisted talkgroups.
The radio will flash a purple color to alert you when a wildcard talk group occurs.

Hopefully, you, or some others will find these helpful.
Let me know if you have any issues with the link, I could email them to you as well.

Mark M

Status
Not open for further replies.