Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trazy

Thanks, zephyrshockey8 and markgmeyer! I recently purchased the Pro-106, and these files you've provided really helped me learn how to program via "reverse engineering" them.

Happy Holidays,
Trazy

natiep

Thank you Mark and zephyrshockey8 so very much! As a new Pro-106 and Pro-197 owner it is nice to have the files to upload to Win500 to get me started!

Very, very much appreciated!

dan2125

Premium Subscriber
Where did it go??

Downloaded your file several times but can`t find it. Can you help me. I have both scanner programs.

Thanks, Dan

WX0BPR

Downloaded your file several times but can`t find it. Can you help me. I have both scanner programs.

Thanks, Dan

Is it not where your browser puts all things you download? It varies from computer to computer and or browser to browser but where ever you told your browser puts all things? In Firefox its under Tools, Options, General and look for "Save files too" you can change it to where you want. I am sure IE is the same way but I do not use it.

gadgetguy15

I have been looking online but can't find an answer - is there a way to convert a WIN500 or ARC file into one I can load onto my BCD396?

dan2125

Premium Subscriber
3 Different ways!

Thanks to the help here I have each of my scanners programed differently. And listening has gotten more fun thanks to the many things I can hear.

Thanks guys.

2 pro 106`s and pro 197

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or try to make a search.

blue5011

I've also been working on an ARMER file for the entire state. It's broken up into different systems by region, with some talkgroups duplicated between them. It's mainly a framework for the sites, the talkgroups (mainly in the metro) need a LOT of work:

I threw it here: bold98.org/temp/radio/armer-freescan.zip

That file is exactly what I needed to see that my (BCD996XT) system was programmed wrong. I had it setup for a 800 mhz instead of a P25. Been a month now trying to figure out what was wrong.

Thanks

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Here is my updated Freescan file for Unidens. Works with 396T/XT and 996T/XT.

I've had this almost done for a while now and I think I have it good to go now.

Here's what is all included:

Anoka County

Hennepin County

Hennepin PSAPs - Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Richfield, St Louis Park, Golden Valley, MSP Airport PD and Fire

Ramsey County

Minneapolis

St Paul (Ramsey County system but I programmed their talkgroups separately)

Dakota County

Carver County

Scott County

Washington County

MN Metro (City Center) - State Patrol, Metro EMS, MNDOT, BCA, DNR, Metro Transit

Cambridge/North Branch (Not many talkgroups on this system yet)

Central MN - St Cloud and Wright, Stearns, Benton, Kandiyohi Counties

SE MN - Olmsted and Goodhue Counties

Statewide - I programmed all control channels from the entire state in this system, so you should be able to pick something up anywhere in the state if you are in range of an ARMER site.

Ancom (LTR) - Life Link III helicopters and ambulance, Some towing companies and other stuff.

I also programmed EMS, State Patrol, and Interop (PTAC, LTAC, etc) talkgroups across all systems. All systems are below the 200 TG per system limit on the 396T and 996T.

Here is the file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20557290/BCD396T 20110308.996

Last edited:

blue5011

Here is my updated Freescan file for Unidens. Works with 396T/XT and 996T/XT.

I've had this almost done for a while now and I think I have it good to go now.

Here's what is all included:

Anoka County

Hennepin County

Hennepin PSAPs - Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka, Richfield, St Louis Park, Golden Valley, MSP Airport PD and Fire

Ramsey County

Minneapolis

St Paul (Ramsey County system but I programmed their talkgroups separately)

Dakota County

Carver County

Scott County

Washington County

MN Metro (City Center) - State Patrol, Metro EMS, MNDOT, BCA, DNR, Metro Transit

Cambridge/North Branch (Not many talkgroups on this system yet)

Central MN - St Cloud and Wright, Stearns, Benton, Kandiyohi Counties

SE MN - Olmsted and Goodhue Counties

Statewide - I programmed all control channels from the entire state in this system, so you should be able to pick something up anywhere in the state if you are in range of an ARMER site.

Ancom (LTR) - Life Link III helicopters and ambulance, Some towing companies and other stuff.

I also programmed EMS, State Patrol, and Interop (PTAC, LTAC, etc) talkgroups across all systems. All systems are below the 200 TG per system limit on the 396T and 996T.

Here is the file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20557290/BCD396T 20110308.996

Thanks!

I got a file from someone here a while back and have been working to redo it to my needs (since it's winter, snow plows and Troopers). But it is always go to get a complete new file as a b/u. I normally run my BCD996XT under computer control during the day to record the hits and find when new sites are up. The county I am in has radio's for the Sheriff and in the process of purchasing P25 radio's for EMS and Firefighters.

--------------
I could put a list of transceivers/ receivers here, but at last count it was more than twenty-five.

StevieD

hey raven can you upload the new file here as a zip file so i can load it to freescan.cause im still running the file i got from you on my 996t that i got from you at the meeting last time i saw you

StevieD

never mind the link worked i got it, same thing here if i change the audio to FM the scanner seems to respond better basically im hearing more

Last edited:

sixkings

Pardon my Ignorance....

First off, thanks for the file! I just purchased a PRO 106 (great radio) and it was a godsend to have these files to upload to the scanner to, as a previous poster pointed out, 'reverse-engineer' the proper programming technique for this scanner.
I have one question I can't seem to resolve, however...
The PRO 106 manual states that you can only have 28 CC frequencies for a system. In the case of your ARMER file, there are 32 frequencies. I have had the scanner for about a week and have been monitoring 24/7 (through WIN500 logging), and I have yet to see my local police (Farmington) active, although I see and hear them responding to calls. When the scanner stops on a Dakota County Police transmission, I have analyzed the TSYS and see all 32 frequencies. The TGRP's assigned to Farmington are programmed into the scanner.
Am I missing, or more likely, misunderstanding something?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

First off, thanks for the file! I just purchased a PRO 106 (great radio) and it was a godsend to have these files to upload to the scanner to, as a previous poster pointed out, 'reverse-engineer' the proper programming technique for this scanner.
I have one question I can't seem to resolve, however...
The PRO 106 manual states that you can only have 28 CC frequencies for a system. In the case of your ARMER file, there are 32 frequencies. I have had the scanner for about a week and have been monitoring 24/7 (through WIN500 logging), and I have yet to see my local police (Farmington) active, although I see and hear them responding to calls. When the scanner stops on a Dakota County Police transmission, I have analyzed the TSYS and see all 32 frequencies. The TGRP's assigned to Farmington are programmed into the scanner.
Am I missing, or more likely, misunderstanding something?
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Now, I am not exactly sure how the DCC does their dispatching, but from what I understand, all Law Enforcement Dispatch would be done on their Police Mains (TGRP's 4300, 4302, 4304). Are the TGRP's you are referencing ID's 4374 and 4398? I would think that those are used for other things like administrative stuff and training or whatever that department wants to use it for, but not really used for Dispatch purposes.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Now, I am not exactly sure how the DCC does their dispatching, but from what I understand, all Law Enforcement Dispatch would be done on their Police Mains (TGRP's 4300, 4302, 4304). Are the TGRP's you are referencing ID's 4374 and 4398? I would think that those are used for other things like administrative stuff and training or whatever that department wants to use it for, but not really used for Dispatch purposes.

That's correct. Farmington PD is dispatched on talkgroup 4302, which is Law Main 2. They are unit numbers 47xx.

See this page for more info about Dakota County: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Dakota_County_(MN)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Last edited:

sixkings

That's correct. Farmington PD is dispatched on talkgroup 4302, which is Law Main 2. They are unit numbers 47xx.

See this page for more info about Dakota County: Dakota County (MN) - The RadioReference Wiki

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

I see that Dakota County TG 4302 has over 200 hits in Win 500. TG's 4374 and 4398 have none. So, based on your invaluable information, Farmington TG's must only be used for local emergencies and the like, whereas Dakota County 4302 is used for 'day-to-day' police calls. I had LED alerts set on my PRO 106 for the Farmington TG's.....other than greatly extending the life of the LED there is apparently little point to that.

I am quite new to the concept of trunked radio; my first scanner in the mid 70's was crystal controlled (remember the days of going to Radio Shack to pick up a new crystal??) and I still have my PRO 2006 and PRO 46 handheld with the wonders of direct entry programming and diodes you could clip to open up locked frequencies (not that I would ever do such a thing). So as I begin to tread into this new world of communications it seems that smaller cities are seldom involved in the dispatch of their public safety officers these days; their county is responsible for dispatch.

Thank you ThinBlueLine22 and Raven95150 for your responses! This is one of the reasons I love the hobby of monitoring....always someone willing to assist us newbies! :)

Dave

StevieD

same here, i did the same thing, set my 996t to alert me when a farmington TG comes on but nothing yet, no flash of the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.