Twin Cities/MN scanner programming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mipsyop

Central MN 500 file

Looking for a good psr500 file for central mn (stearns, benton, sherburne, wright and the metro) file. I live in st. cloud but travel frequently to the metro area and parents live in wright. I thought I had a good one, but i must be missing some control or alternates due to dead spots in my travels. Anything would be appreciated. Looking for all ems, skywarn and med choppers. Thanks!!!!

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
file i want for my pro 106

this is the file that i want.

Of course! Basically, there are six systems. One system for each of the five counties (Washington, Ramsey, Hennepin, Dakota, and Anoka) and one system for the Ancom LTR system that LifeLink III uses. Then, the systems are divided into banks.
Bank 1 are all the statewide and regional tactical channels (STAC's, PTAC's, LTAC's, ATAC's, RPOOL's)
Bank 2 are all the local level tactical channels (Firegrounds, T2T, C2C)
Bank 3 is everything relating to Washington County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, Wash Co C2C's)
Bank 4 is everything relating to Ramsey County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, RPOOL's)
Bank 5 is everything relating to Hennepin County
Bank 6 is everything relating to Dakota County
Bank 7 is everything relating to Anoka County
Bank 8 is the department of public safety (State Patrol, State Patrol Tac's, MN HAZMAT, Fire Marshall)
Bank 9 is all of the private EMS stuff (Allina, HCMC, HealthEast, North Ambulance)
Bank 10 is just White Bear Lake (This can be changed, this is one of my personal preferences)
Bank 11 is just Saint Paul and their tac channels
Bank 12 is just Minneapolis and their tac channels
Bank 13 is all the airport stuff. (Airport police, Airport fire, Airport security, Maintenance)
Bank 14 are wildcards. (Pick up everything even if not programmed into the scanner)
Bank 15 are all my metro fire tacs and mains (This can be changed, again my personal prefernce)
Bank 16 is every fire related channel in the metro. (every fire main, every fire tac)
Bank 17 are helicopters (LifeLink III helicopter, North aircare and state patrol helicopter)
Bank 18 is the department of natural resources channels
Bank 19 are T2T and C2C channels
Bank 20 are MRCC channels

If talkgroups fit into more than one bank, they go in both. Any talkgroup that could be found regionally like statewides, MRCC, wildcards, they go into every system, therefore allowing it to be picked up on any tower. Talkgroups that are specific to a county (sheriff mains, police mains, fire mains) are only placed in the system that corresponds to their location. For example, Saint Paul is only placed in the Ramsey County system, therefore can only be picked up on Ramsey County towers.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I would also be willing to change some of the stuff for you if you like. Let me know what you want included and I will put it in there for you. Thanks!

signguy10

So, I guess in the process of me switching over computers my file got lost. I don't have it anymore and I just sold my pro-106 so I don't have the file anymore.. Im sorry guys. If someone downloaded it when it was working maybe they could upload it if they have it.

kc0ewq

Just thought I'd share my programming file. File was made with Win500 for my RS Pro-106. My scan list should help to show what's covered.
HnCty North&East
HnCty South&West
HnCty Sheriff
HnCty Fire
HnCty Misc
Mpls Police
Mpls Fire
EMS & Hospitals
Mutual Aid
Mn Patrol
Mn DOT
Mn Misc & DNR
MSP Airport MAC
Univ of Mn
Metro Transit
AnokaCty Sheriff
AnokaCty Fire
RamseyCty LE
RamseyCty Fire
Aircraft
Hope someone will find this useful.

Last edited:

kc0ewq

When doing some editing of my file for mattnelson26, I found I forgot a couple things so I fixed it a re-uploaded here, deleting the old one.

Attachments

• Metro_RR.Fixed.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 80

kc0ewq

Added Dakota Cty as asked
Also added Carver, Scott & Washington Cty fire. Scanlist as follows
Code:
HnCty North&East    
HnCty South&West    
HnCty Sheriff       
HnCty Fire          
HnCty Misc          
Mpls Police/UofM    
Mpls Fire           
EMS & Hospitals     
Mutual Aid          
Mn Patrol           
Mn DOT              
Mn Misc             
MSP Airport MAC     
Washington Fire     
Carver/ScottFire    
AnokaCty Sheriff    
AnokaCty Fire       
RamseyCty LE        
RamseyCty Fire      
DakotaCty Fire

Attachments

• mattnelson26.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 80

signguy10

Pro-106 file

Hey guys! I found my file on an old USB flash drive. Here is the pro106 file. It should be laid out as this:

Bank 1 are all the statewide and regional tactical channels (STAC's, PTAC's, LTAC's, ATAC's, RPOOL's)
Bank 2 are all the local level tactical channels (Firegrounds, T2T, C2C)
Bank 3 is everything relating to Washington County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, Wash Co C2C's)
Bank 4 is everything relating to Ramsey County (Sheriff Mains, Fire Mains, RPOOL's)
Bank 5 is everything relating to Hennepin County
Bank 6 is everything relating to Dakota County
Bank 7 is everything relating to Anoka County
Bank 8 is the department of public safety (State Patrol, State Patrol Tac's, MN HAZMAT, Fire Marshall)
Bank 9 is all of the private EMS stuff (Allina, HCMC, HealthEast, North Ambulance)
Bank 10 is just White Bear Lake (This can be changed, this is one of my personal preferences)
Bank 11 is just Saint Paul and their tac channels
Bank 12 is just Minneapolis and their tac channels
Bank 13 is all the airport stuff. (Airport police, Airport fire, Airport security, Maintenance)
Bank 14 are wildcards. (Pick up everything even if not programmed into the scanner)
Bank 15 are all my metro fire tacs and mains (This can be changed, again my personal prefernce)
Bank 16 is every fire related channel in the metro. (every fire main, every fire tac)
Bank 17 are helicopters (LifeLink III helicopter, North aircare and state patrol helicopter)
Bank 18 is the department of natural resources channels
Bank 19 are T2T and C2C channels
Bank 20 are MRCC channels

The file can be downloaded here: 61809.p500

Let me know if you have questions!

signguy10

On a side note, can anyone upload a proxt file for a uniden bcd996xt scanner? I just got this new scanner and need some help with programming. A file would be great! Thank you.

AAFC

Hello,

I hate to bump an old thread but I thought it was appropriate since my question is directly related to this topic.....

I just ordered an Radio Shack PRO-197 today (and program cable) and I was wondering if anyone had a scanner file that I could get to upload into my scanner? I am mainly looking to scan Bloomington PD/Fire, Richfield PD/Fire, MSP Airport PD/Fire and State Patrol in the southern part of the cities. Oh, and Mall of America security too if that's possible?

I am brand new to trunked digital scanners and it's a bit overwhelming at this point. I could certainly figure it out if given enough time (weeks probably) but if someone would be gracious enough to help me with a Win500 file that would be greatly appreciated. It would certainly save me a ton of frustration. lol

Even if the file contained the entire MN ARMER radio system, I assume I can lockout the talkgroups of the police departments and agencies that I don't want to listen to. Correct? I guess I need to physically get my hands on the scanner to see how it functions before I fully understand how this digital trunking system works.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance that you guys may be able to give me. I could even pay someone a small fee via paypal if that would help.

Great website by the way!

AA/FC

signguy10

Hello,

I hate to bump an old thread but I thought it was appropriate since my question is directly related to this topic.....

I just ordered an Radio Shack PRO-197 today (and program cable) and I was wondering if anyone had a scanner file that I could get to upload into my scanner? I am mainly looking to scan Bloomington PD/Fire, Richfield PD/Fire, MSP Airport PD/Fire and State Patrol in the southern part of the cities. Oh, and Mall of America security too if that's possible?

I am brand new to trunked digital scanners and it's a bit overwhelming at this point. I could certainly figure it out if given enough time (weeks probably) but if someone would be gracious enough to help me with a Win500 file that would be greatly appreciated. It would certainly save me a ton of frustration. lol

Even if the file contained the entire MN ARMER radio system, I assume I can lockout the talkgroups of the police departments and agencies that I don't want to listen to. Correct? I guess I need to physically get my hands on the scanner to see how it functions before I fully understand how this digital trunking system works.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any assistance that you guys may be able to give me. I could even pay someone a small fee via paypal if that would help.

Great website by the way!

AA/FC

I can send you my file when i get home later tonight.

AAFC

I can send you my file when i get home later tonight.

That would be awesome!

I did try playing with a file in WIN500 just to get a feel for how it works. Still not 100% sure what everything does or how it works. Would I be able to easily edit your file to fit my needs (previously mentioned in my first post) or would it be a major PITA to for me to get what I'm looking for from your file?

I'm still new here so my first 3 posts are being moderated by the admin staff here at RR, and I do not have PM permissions yet either.... which makes it tough for me to send you my email address. Hopefully I will get full forum permissions in the next day or two and then I will be able to get that file from you.

Thanks for the reply, I greatly appreciate it!

AA/FC

Status
Not open for further replies.