Twin Cities Scanner Meeting Oct. 1, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0FPY

We are in the planning stages for a Scanner Meeting on October 1, 2011. More details to follow when a location is confirmed.

N0FPY

MNGEARJAMMER

Let us know where and what time, and I'll try to make it. I was at the spring fling, and was kind of dissapointed in the lack of organization. It seemed as though every one just did there own thing, and nothing ever got covered in detail.

MNGEARJAMMER

N0FPY

Oct 1 Get Together

Let us know where and what time, and I'll try to make it. I was at the spring fling, and was kind of dissapointed in the lack of organization. It seemed as though every one just did there own thing, and nothing ever got covered in detail.

MNGEARJAMMER

It is not a formal group so we don't have a formal meeting such as a club would have. It is just a chance to meet other scanner listeners and share information. I just organize the location and try to spread it around the metro.

More info on location to follow. I am working on a location in the east metro this time.

N0FPY

BlueIce

Well this will be another one that I will not be attending. Going to the Renaissance Festival. Hopefully I can make one of these in 2011.

N0FPY

Change to date - Info to follow

Sorry, After I posted the confirmation something came up and we will be changing the date. Info to follow asap.

Last edited:

n9upc

Granted I have never been to able make one of these but try each time.....but the 1st is SET in WI and I am sure soem of the same people are going to be invovled that might like to attend. Also throwing out some items for talking about at this meeting might get more interested or even give soem structure.

mmtstc

Ø
Before i begin, i want to say how much i appreciate all the work that Mike does on all of these meetings and also that i have only had the opportunity to attend one meeting, which i did enjoy highly.

I like the informal nature of this group and dont think we have nearly the group of people to create something like CARMA, but I wouldn't mind a little bit of structure. I think it would be nice to have a quick bit of group conversation before we all break down into our own huddles and share.

A couple things that I would like to see -

- Everyone introduce themselves, what their online handle is (so we can attach a face with a avatar picture), their amateur radio callsign they you have one, what they do, what radios they use and what they brought, and what they enjoy doing in the scanning realm.
- A quick rundown of the different areas of scanning and anything new or noteworthy that the entire group would appreciate such as HF, VHF, UHF, 800, Federal, Military and ARMER.
- Any other developments such as software or anything else relevant to the community as a whole.
- Everyone should throw down some dates and location suggestions for the next meeting.

After that the free for all could insue...

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Before i begin, i want to say how much i appreciate all the work that Mike does on all of these meetings and also that i have only had the opportunity to attend one meeting, which i did enjoy highly.

I like the informal nature of this group and dont think we have nearly the group of people to create something like CARMA, but I wouldn't mind a little bit of structure. I think it would be nice to have a quick bit of group conversation before we all break down into our own huddles and share.

A couple things that I would like to see -

- Everyone introduce themselves, what their online handle is (so we can attach a face with a avatar picture), their amateur radio callsign they you have one, what they do, what radios they use and what they brought, and what they enjoy doing in the scanning realm.
- A quick rundown of the different areas of scanning and anything new or noteworthy that the entire group would appreciate such as HF, VHF, UHF, 800, Federal, Military and ARMER.
- Any other developments such as software or anything else relevant to the community as a whole.
- Everyone should throw down some dates and location suggestions for the next meeting.

After that the free for all could insue...
:cool: like the idea

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I'm actually glad its rescheduled, I couldnt make it on the first. And I like David's ideas as well.

MNGEARJAMMER

Now your talking! I think your suggestions would greatly improve the interest of all the scanner people, and bring the attendance level way up. Oh ya, your right about all the hard work Mike puts in lining up these things. Thanks Mike!!
Garry :)

mmtstc

Ø
I would love to be able to make it, but i will be on a big boat in the Bahamas, drinking fancy drinks with umbrellas in them and wearing shorts...

Status
Not open for further replies.