Twin Falls Police p25

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
There is only silence. Am I not doing something right?

Yeah but it's hard for me to help since I don't have that scanner any more. I can try with my SDS-100 when I get home but I don't know if it'll be the same behavior.

A P25 control channel is constant and you'll always see a signal from it. If you HOLD on that frequency/channel then you'll see the P25 information.

Hmm, you could try a frequency limit search. Once you find the control channel, then HOLD on it and you should see the info.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
It doesn't look like the BCD536 will show the System ID and WACN when holding on the control channel. It will only display "P25 and the NAC" in a flashing mode. The analyze function can be utilized to see the System ID and the WACN, but the system must be programed into the scanner with a name that can be used for the analyze function. An SDS 100 or 200 will show the System ID but not the WACN.

I am planning on adding this system to the RR database with the information that I have so far. I'll probably have it online sometime tomorrow, with a title of something like "City of Twin Falls". Corrections/additions to would be appreciated.

Weepingangel

It doesn't look like the BCD536 will show the System ID and WACN when holding on the control channel. It will only display "P25 and the NAC" in a flashing mode. The analyze function can be utilized to see the System ID and the WACN, but the system must be programed into the scanner with a name that can be used for the analyze function. An SDS 100 or 200 will show the System ID but not the WACN.

I am planning on adding this system to the RR database with the information that I have so far. I'll probably have it online sometime tomorrow, with a title of something like "City of Twin Falls". Corrections/additions to would be appreciated.

WOOP WOOP I just synced my scanner, and am listening to the P25 TFPD system. It's fantastic to be listening to them again!

LITENINHERE

Further update: while I did hear a signal on SDR# on 460.5, I do not hear anything on my scanner, so that is probably not one that TFPD uses.
Do you have the band plan that you can see on the SDR you have? Kinda curious how they did that system since they did a NAC of 001. I travel through Twin Falls but not often or I would check it out.