Twin Falls Police p25

KG7PBS

They could have patches to other local digital systems, and/or analog channels for interoperability. My local LE went to a VHF DMR system ~5 years ago, just this year they patched it to their TG on the statewide 800mhz P25 system, for surrounding counties to hear. They also patch the local school Corp UHF DMR system to one of their VHF DMR TGs during school dismissal, patch the County Highway analog 800Mhz channel, and statewide P25 TGs to their VHF DMR system randomly.
Question what county you in. And nice

KG7PBS

No you don't need any IDs of any kind. All you need is a control channel. Set the system to ID SEARCH and you should hear *unencrypted* traffic. Uniden blocks encrypted traffic so you won't hear anything. If you watch the screen then you may see some information but it's limited.
I really hate how Uniden set up the Blocked for Encrypted TGs. That was stupid.

west-pac

Question what county you in. And nice
Blackford county, Indiana.... literally the poorest county in Indiana, yet the LE and School Corp put in separate, independent, 3-site conventionally-linked VHF (LE) and UHF (School Corp) DMR systems.

west-pac

I really hate how Uniden set up the Blocked for Encrypted TGs. That was stupid.
I don't like that either. I wish they would change that with a firmware update. I -WANT- to know when I'm receiving an encrypted TG.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
I don't like that either. I wish they would change that with a firmware update. I -WANT- to know when I'm receiving an encrypted TG.
I agree. Even though my local PD and SO are 100% encrypted I can still tell if something like a pursuit is going on by the activity. Also the ability to log encrypted TG's and the users ID's with ID Tracker III was great when I had my PRO-197. Great way to identify who uses an encrypted TG and potentially for what.

I saw a post somewhere once where someone claimed their Uniden "squawked like mad" but im not sure what they did or how they got that lucky