Twin Falls Police p25

KG7PBS

They could have patches to other local digital systems, and/or analog channels for interoperability. My local LE went to a VHF DMR system ~5 years ago, just this year they patched it to their TG on the statewide 800mhz P25 system, for surrounding counties to hear. They also patch the local school Corp UHF DMR system to one of their VHF DMR TGs during school dismissal, patch the County Highway analog 800Mhz channel, and statewide P25 TGs to their VHF DMR system randomly.
Question what county you in. And nice

KG7PBS

No you don't need any IDs of any kind. All you need is a control channel. Set the system to ID SEARCH and you should hear *unencrypted* traffic. Uniden blocks encrypted traffic so you won't hear anything. If you watch the screen then you may see some information but it's limited.
I really hate how Uniden set up the Blocked for Encrypted TGs. That was stupid.

west-pac

Question what county you in. And nice

Blackford county, Indiana.... literally the poorest county in Indiana, yet the LE and School Corp put in separate, independent, 3-site conventionally-linked VHF (LE) and UHF (School Corp) DMR systems.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
I don't like that either. I wish they would change that with a firmware update. I -WANT- to know when I'm receiving an encrypted TG.

I agree. Even though my local PD and SO are 100% encrypted I can still tell if something like a pursuit is going on by the activity. Also the ability to log encrypted TG's and the users ID's with ID Tracker III was great when I had my PRO-197. Great way to identify who uses an encrypted TG and potentially for what.

I saw a post somewhere once where someone claimed their Uniden "squawked like mad" but im not sure what they did or how they got that lucky

Scott83301

Sorry I left this chat high and dry. It is a trunked system and the control channel is 453.3375. If anyone would update the database for twin falls that would be great 👍

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry I left this chat high and dry. It is a trunked system and the control channel is 453.3375. If anyone would update the database for twin falls that would be great 👍
Updates to the database are usually triggered by a formal submital of all the necessary information. Its not clear what the update should consist of. Is this a new system?

Weepingangel

Ok, my next question: I've set the talkgroup (I set the Favorites list to P25 Trunked mode) with the talkgroup ID, but (in Sentinel) I can't figure out where to add the frequency. Where, in Sentinel, do I add the frequency to the favorites list in question?

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber

Looks like it follows ICAWIN's TG numbering scheme as twin falls is the 42nd county. I wonder if this system is intertwined with ICAWIN or why they didnt just go to the statewide system in the first place

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Has anyone observed a System ID and WACN for this system?

WACN stands for Wide Area Communications Network. In Project 25, the System ID identifies the system (for a given network). One or more systems may be joined into a network of systems. The WACN identifies the network. The WACN combined with the System ID will uniquely identify a system.

The WACN is normally displayed as a five digit hexadecimal number (digits 0-9 and letters A-F) followed by the three digit System ID.

Examples:

Weepingangel

Has anyone observed a System ID and WACN for this system?

WACN stands for Wide Area Communications Network. In Project 25, the System ID identifies the system (for a given network). One or more systems may be joined into a network of systems. The WACN identifies the network. The WACN combined with the System ID will uniquely identify a system.

The WACN is normally displayed as a five digit hexadecimal number (digits 0-9 and letters A-F) followed by the three digit System ID.

Examples:

My BCD436HP and Sentinel have not.

Weepingangel

Presuming you've programmed in the frequencies just hold on the control channel. You should see the WACN and SYSID appear on the screen.

I've programmed in the control channel exclusively, (set up a Conventional freq>Digital>search ID) and will wait to see if I hear anything. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Yes but you need to HOLD (the CHAN button) on the channel for it to show the WACN/SYSID values. Presuming you have a decent signal it should show up immediately.