Two analog TV stations received

spongella

On a routine scan of TV stations on 7/9/2021 around 2:30 pm local time in my area I picked up 2 analog TV stations. Both were transmitting the same material but one was clear, other was snowy. Clear one was on RF channel 4 (low VHF) , snowy one was on RF channel 36 (UHF). I think it may have come from CT but not sure. By evening the stations were gone.

Attachments

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
In recent months there has been a lot of old television broadcast station transmitters and related equipment for sale on Ebay and Craig's List. Just saying. :whistle:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
If I remember right there are certain types of translators and low power stations can remain analog.
Didn't that end yesterday...unless there are more categories that are still allowed.
I think the State of Alaska received a waiver for more time to transition some stations that serve extremely isolated areas.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I think the State of Alaska received a waiver for more time to transition some stations that serve extremely isolated areas.
I think they did that for analog-to-digital cell phones for a bunch of ranchers in Arizona and/or New Mexico way back when. It's expired now.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
I need to fire up my amateur TV gear and get on the air! Time to rule the airwaves...along with other amateurs...in a coordinated fashion...and non broadcast kind of way. ;)