Two Antennas Side by Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

McP

I have a Laird 800mhz Omni w/ 6db and a Radio Shack Discone. Both have served me well individually for different purposes. I am going to put another scanner on my desk next to the one that is using the Laird.

I have my Laird mounted on the side of my roof, about 10 feet above the roof line. I have a old DirecTV mount next to the mast mount my Laird is on.

Is it ok to mount the RS Discone next to the Laird 800 Omni? They would be about 12 inches a part, almost side by side. Is there any feedback or decrease in performance being so close to each other? Both are using LMR-400 Coax.

WouffHong

Interaction

I have a Laird 800mhz Omni w/ 6db and a Radio Shack Discone. Both have served me well individually for different purposes. I am going to put another scanner on my desk next to the one that is using the Laird.

I have my Laird mounted on the side of my roof, about 10 feet above the roof line. I have a old DirecTV mount next to the mast mount my Laird is on.

Is it ok to mount the RS Discone next to the Laird 800 Omni? They would be about 12 inches a part, almost side by side. Is there any feedback or decrease in performance being so close to each other? Both are using LMR-400 Coax.

The Local Oscillator (LO) or spurious output(s) from one may lock up or interfere with the other when THAT close. :(

Wouff

tampatracker

Could you post a link for the 800 Laird? That could be just what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance T.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.