Two BCT questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelixArray

First question:
I finally programmed my BCT15x scanner to my liking as I begin familiarizing myself with it, so far so good. I want to utilize the Close Call feature, in particular the Do not Disturb mode. I set it to CC DND and scan my favorite conventional system group. Fire/rescue were a few houses down(less than 100 yards) last week keying up but my CC light never lit up, and I never heard an alert tone. Do I have a wrong setting enabled? When I first received the scanner I would get CC alerts from a fast food place that is about 600 yards away.

Second question:

I leave my scanner on record via "Xcorder" software, it uses the microphone jack(pink) on my PC soundcard. I did have the REC jack on the back of my scanner feeding into my input jack(blue) on my PC soundcard so I could hear the scanner while simultaneously listening to other things on the PC from the soundcard speaker/earphone jack. So my question is, how can I feed my scanner into my soundcard input jack while still recording it? I was thinking I could hook the scanners earphone jack to the soundcard input jack but I am unsure if it would work or if it would even possibly damage it?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

nanZor

Maybe the transmissions were just too short, and they fell in between the 2-second CC check delay. When in DND, it won't check if the scanner is currently receiving an active freq. Also make sure that the band your FD is using is enabled in the main CC menu. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head...

HelixArray

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late reply. I did my first reset right before I configured my current settings, so I'll check that out.I don't think I've had a CC alert since. I ordered a BC72XLT hand-held with CC to cross check with too...next time they are close I'll toggle them both.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you have the "bands" you want to scan in CC Turned On, Menu>Srch/CloCall Opt>Broadcast Screen>Set Each Band.

In my experience with CC, sometimes you have to be very close to the transmitter, depending on the band, frequency, mode, radio model, antennas, etc.

Last edited:

HelixArray

Thank you very much, I just configured it correctly this time I believe. I guess/assume after the reset, the settings in CloCall Opt>Broadcast Screen>Set Each Band reverted to off? At least all save for one were off. All bands are set to on now. Thanks again.

Referring to my 2nd question, If anyone has the same. One can hook up the earphone port to the input of a sound card and still record through the back REC port on the scanner simultaneously.

Many thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.