Two Colorado State Patrol pursuits yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Colorado State Patrol had a couple of high profile pursuits in two opposite corners of the state yesterday.

One involved a Texas man crashing a stolen semi truck around 3:30 pm south of Sterling (near Atwood and Merino) in far northeast Colorado, then running from troopers and then stealing another truck and collided with a patrol car before being stopped using stop sticks to disable the truck, ending the hour long pursuit.

The the other, described below, was a reckless driver in a high-speed chase involving CSP, Colorado Dept of Wildlife units, Montezuma County S.O., and Cortez city police in the far southwest corner of Colorado.

From yesterday's RadioReference archives for the "Dolores County Sheriff and Fire" feed (which includes Montezuma County and Montrose area CSP diapatches):
(12:01 pm to 12:31 pm)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121009/4/201210091301-459075-386.mp3

12:10 pm - They airing a reckless driver traffic complaint, Westbound on Hwy-160 near the La Plata county line (just coming into Montezuma County towards Cortez), a gold four door sedan weaved into oncoming traffic nearly caused head-on collision, corrected, went into the ditch and came out still heading Westbound.

12:26 pm - CSP 5A17 initiated a traffic stop WB Hwy-160 at mile post on a Gold 2001 Mazda sedan, with Colorado plate "142 XKL", where they stopped briefly and then pulled out back onto Hwy-160 and began speeding and passing semis at 12:28 pm. The driver was also driving the vehicle into the path of oncoming traffic, according to the trooper.

(12:30 pm to 1:01 pm)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121009/1/201210091330-691499-386.mp3

12:33 - The reckless driver made it over 20 miles from the location of the original reckless driver complaint to Cortez at 145/160 and turned north.

12:34 - The gold Mazda sedan crashed on Tucker Drive just west of 145 due to the CSP TBI (PIT Maneuver) and officers had the driver and passenger at gunpoint shortly, then arrested the passenger and the 20-year-old driver, Anthony McCleskey, of Cortez. They later released the woman passenger.

The vehicle was repeatedly ran through law enforcement databases during this incident and came back clear two times. The driver told officers he ran because he had warrants.

Here's an article I found in the Cortez Journal about the chase:
The Cortez Journal 10/10/2012 | Cortez man in custody after high-speed chase

Last edited:

dw2872

Ha, you are right of course. I have no idea why I have been using TBI instead of TVI. Thanks for the correction!

Dan

Sent from my T-Mobile Smartphone using Tapatalk2

Status
Not open for further replies.