TWO HUSTLER ANTENNAS TO ONE SCANNER

SCANNER0816

Premium Subscriber
MY WHISTLER WS-1065 DIGITAL SCANNER IS CONNECTED TO 2 HUSTLER MAGNETIC MOUNT ANTENNAS
WILL THIS GIVE ME BETTER RECEPTION
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
the antenna should be designed for the frequency range of what ever it is that you want to listen to

your going to meed to provide more info on the antennas you have and two antennas may not be better than one.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
MY WHISTLER WS-1065 DIGITAL SCANNER IS CONNECTED TO 2 HUSTLER MAGNETIC MOUNT ANTENNAS
WILL THIS GIVE ME BETTER RECEPTION
If you already have everything connected you should be able to answer your own question. Not all bands and RF environments are created equal. What may work for me may not work for you. Welcome to the RR forums.

your going to meed to provide more info on the antennas you have and two antennas may not be better than one.
Also where are they located: Indoors? outdoors? rooftop? vehicle? Too many variables to make a clear cut yes or no answer

Last edited:

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Two antennas to one scanner is generally a bad idea, which is why most folks find one compromise antenna that works best for them. Generally, if you need multiple antennas for reasons such as covering different bands, you can either use an antenna switch or a device to properly combine the antennas commonly known as a diplexer and/or triplexer (depending on your needs).

If you are thinking that if one antenna of type X works well, then combining 2 of them is bound to work better, the answer is usually no.