• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Two Minitor Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-542

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I have a MInitor III and a Minitor I. Is there any way besides changing the crystal to make a slight frequency adjustment? Say from 154.220, to 154.250? That's what I need to do. Second of all, for the III. Does anyone in the Rowan/Cabarrus area program these OTHER than Rowan and Cabarrus 911 Telecom? I got a III I would prefer to have programmed locally from where it is now on Cabarrus FD to NOAA 162.525 as a NOAA Weather pager. Thanks.

RBMTS

Regarding the M1 - unfortunately you will not be able to "stretch" that far on a slight alignment. They are specific to their frequency and can sway so very slight for maybe + - .005. You would definitely need to re-crystal the pager and have it retuned.

Regarding the M3, it has a receiver that is only for a specific range. If the pager is currently in the 154Mhz range, you won't be able to get it beyond 160Mhz. That would require a different range receiver board. You'd be better off in just buying a different pager with the proper range receiver. But better yet, just get yourself a SAME receiver or use one of the x96 or x36 Uniden scanners that can do FTO,

Status
Not open for further replies.