two mystery freqs in Evansville

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9cra

After the tornadoes in my area on Friday, during a neighborhood power outage at most of the fastfood and grocery joints on the west side, I heard some folks talking on 158.34. It could've been simplex or repeater input. They didn't talk all the time, so I didn't want to go down the ban to the 153 area to look for the output. The guys were kind of joking with each other. At one point, I heard a guy say, "They're going to need somebody to direct traffic." Later, I heard, "Don't hold the phone up to your ear, cause he'll be yellin." Vectren was working on something a few blocks away. Is it possible they have unlicensed radios on that channel? Is that an itinirent channel? I don't see any licenses for Vectren or the old name Sigeco on that freq.

Next, there's truckers I hear pretty much every day at 159.69. How would I go about finding out which company this is. They seem to chatter a lot, but only at certain times of day which makes me think they are from out of town and come here while making stops on routes. I'm blind, so simply driving out to the locations where they say they are is not possible.

I don't have tone information for either of these. I haven't picked up the 158 channel since Friday evening. Just wondering what might be on these two frequencies.

ecps92

Indiana Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Indiana Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

:wink:

After the tornadoes in my area on Friday, during a neighborhood power outage at most of the fastfood and grocery joints on the west side, I heard some folks talking on 158.34. It could've been simplex or repeater input. They didn't talk all the time, so I didn't want to go down the ban to the 153 area to look for the output. The guys were kind of joking with each other. At one point, I heard a guy say, "They're going to need somebody to direct traffic." Later, I heard, "Don't hold the phone up to your ear, cause he'll be yellin." Vectren was working on something a few blocks away. Is it possible they have unlicensed radios on that channel? Is that an itinirent channel? I don't see any licenses for Vectren or the old name Sigeco on that freq.

Next, there's truckers I hear pretty much every day at 159.69. How would I go about finding out which company this is. They seem to chatter a lot, but only at certain times of day which makes me think they are from out of town and come here while making stops on routes. I'm blind, so simply driving out to the locations where they say they are is not possible.

I don't have tone information for either of these. I haven't picked up the 158 channel since Friday evening. Just wondering what might be on these two frequencies.

kc9cra

Thanks for the research. I looked at those licenses before posting, and I can't see anything with a location in Evansville. Of course, I didn't click on the locations link in each license, but some are from other parts of the state.

I heard the truckers again today. I wonder if anyone in the area heard anything. The truckers are on daily.

W9NES

Kc9cra, I did a FCC data base search for you and here is what I found for you for 158.340. I found a Rual Telephone Company with a 812 Area code by the address on the license is not in the Evansville area. The 159.69 is a local frequency that is in use here in the Metro Indianapolis area also for a trucking company. They are allways making drop offs and pick ups in the Park 100 on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. I have another 159Mhz frequency that I have also found and I am working on trying to Identify who the company is. I could not find anyone with a current license for 159.69 in the Evansvile area.Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.