• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Two pin to one pin adapter?

Not open for further replies.


Dec 4, 2009
Hey, I get the feeling someone has asked this question before, but had trouble finding anything relevant in my search.
My old radio had two different ports for an external speaker and microphone. I also have an external speaker mic which used those ports, this is the one I have:

My problem is the new Motorola FRS radio I bought (the SX600r) only has a single headphone port on the side. The website states that some earpiece/mic combos are compatible with this unit, and they all utilize the single port.

So my question is this: are there any adapter to use my old speaker mic with this new radio? Otherwise, I am perfectly comfortable with splicing wires if needed. I'm assuming that most radio headphones are mono, and the microphone data will simply use the other wire.
Not open for further replies.