Two questions nobody can seem to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

As a member of this great site i have got tons info that i use for my bc396t but nobody seems to know the answer to these two questions.#1 INDOT TOLL ROAD has a group of tgs in the data base that i have in my scanner i have never heard a sound from that group has anybody and if so off what tower?#2 St.Joe County has had there SAFE T RADIOS for a long time and in the data base is a long list of tgs for South Bend and ST.JOE County police and fire yet they still use the same system they used for 20 years. What do they use these radios for paper weights? If anybody knows the answer to 1 or 2 of these questions i would be thankfull THANKS SCOTTER

kb9sxk

In our area, we set up talk groups for each possible user. we issue radios to the LE, Fire, highway, ect... But we can't make them use them. Look at the safe t talkgroup list for Vanderburgh. it is 15 groups, but 99% of our traffic is on the edacs system.

schnit

As far as usage of the SAFE-T TG's goes, just because a department has a few radios does not obligate them to use to TG's. Funding has to come from grants or from local funding to buy more radios (HT's and mobiles) so that when and if a department does decide to put their respective TG's to use, all members of the department will have access to TX and RX. Also, in some locals, some departments actually choose to keep their traffic on older VHF and UHF systems because they appreciate the community invovlement, a mindset that has quickly deteriorated over the past decade. They know that most wont pony up $500 for a new digital reciever.

Last edited:

Viper43

schnit said:
Also, in some locals, some departments actually choose to keep their traffic on older VHF and UHF systems because they appreciate the community invovlement, a mindset that has quickly deteriorated over the past decade. They know that most wont pony up $500 for a new digital reciever.

Isnt that the truth, but then you also have the opposite, where they think you shouldn't have spent the $$ for that $500 scanner as they don't want your help, or in my case they don't want media there..... now why wouldn't they want the media there.... lol

retroactiv

You know why, they don't want us asking questions about why they continued beating the crap out of the guy after they had him handcuffed (or in there minds just in the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.