Two scanners Same System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I am having a bit of trouble understanding why I can monitor the same system on one scanner but not the other. It is an 800MHz Harris Phase 2 system. I am using a Uniden BCD536HP and BCD4336HP.
On the BCD536HP I have the system set up as a P25 Phase II Trunk system with one site holding (only one frequency) and One TGID of 001. I have no issues picking up all the TGID's in ID Search Mode. This scanner has the stock antenna on it.
On the BCD436HP I have the same system type set up with the same site holding, but I have departments (Police, Fire, ECT) with the appropriate TGID's in them with the alpha tags. I am not able to pick anything up while scanning. I have tried both ID Search and ID Scan mode. The only way I am able to pick anything up is if I hold on a particular Talk group.
Does any one know why this is?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Several possible reasons.

If the Favorite List has location control enabled, the scanner's location has to be set accurately, and every Site and Department in the system has to have correct location coordinates and service ranges set, or they will be locked out by Location Control. Blank coordinates are assumed to be 0N 0W, which is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

If you don't have each channel tagged with the appropriate Service Type, and have those Service Types turned on, you aren't going to hear anything, either.

Also, if you aren't running the same programming on both scanners, any setting difference, even a seemingly minor one, can cause the scanners to behave totally differently. Consistency is a good thing.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the above, if you have the departments (police, fire) avoided or Department Quick Key off (if used) then you won't "scan" them either in ID Search or ID Scan. However you can monitor them by manually accessing the channel.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the above, if you have the departments (police, fire) avoided or Department Quick Key off (if used) then you won't "scan" them either in ID Search or ID Scan. However you can monitor them by manually accessing the channel.

After looking, that is exactly what happened. I had them Avoided for some reason. Everything is coming across. Thanks to you both for the information. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.