Two Signal Amplifiers on a Single Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PouakaiNz

Hello,

I've just found the top of the rabbit hole that I was in for the last hour getting lost digging through this forum.

There's allot of knowledge here and I was wondering if someone could help lead me through my signal issue I'm trying to solve.

I have two signal amplifiers on frequencies 700 Mhz and 2100 Mhz

And one Yagi Aerial connected by coaxial cable pointed at the transmitting tower.

So can I run two amplifiers on the same external aerial without interference?
Or am i going to be forced to erect another mast.

Thanks,

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Yagi isn't going to work well on both frequencies, so you will want to have two of them--one for 700MHz and another for 2100MHz. Connect each amplifier to the matching antenna. You can mount both antennas on the same mast, just leave at least 1/2-wavelength of the lowest frequency between them.

lmrtek

There are plenty of antennas that cover both bands with one feed point and there are multiband amplifiers to match

PouakaiNz

Thanks for the Replies sofar,

I see so I also have an omnidirectional aerial in my quiver that apparently supports ranges from 698 - 2700Mhz.

I haven't tested this yet, however planning to next week. The mast dosen't have clear line of site to the tower as there is a close hill in the way so I think the omni might perform better maybe.. I will test.

So if I want to use two repeaters on the same aerial, I suppose I would need a split the feed coming in from the antenna then feed it to the two separate repeaters correct?

Would the standard TV splitters work so long as they are in frequency range?
Eg like this one (Actually its not quite 2100Mhz):

https://www.amazon.com/Valley-2-Way-Cable-Splitter-Video/dp/B001X3MGFU

Thanks,

Ubbe

Explain more about the setup. Is this for mobile internet and it is power amplifiers or dual direction amplifiers that you need to use to get a good signal from a cellular tower? Are there two different mobile routers, one for low band and one for high band?

There are combiners with virtual zero attenuation used when combining a tv antenna with a satellite dish to be used with a single coax. The split frequency is 900MHz. I measured one I got locally ($10) and it had virtually zero attenuation pass thru. I link to a different one down here from ebay.

/Ubbe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pieces-H...Satellite-Cable-TV-Dish-Approved/161848740979
25-scs-2a-x-2-2-pieces-heavy-duty-diplexer-2-way-splitters-satellite-cable-tv-dish-approved-602533362.jpeg

PouakaiNz

Explain more about the setup. Is this for mobile internet and it is power amplifiers or dual direction amplifiers that you need to use to get a good signal from a cellular tower? Are there two different mobile routers, one for low band and one for high band?

There are combiners with virtual zero attenuation used when combining a tv antenna with a satellite dish to be used with a single coax. The split frequency is 900MHz. I measured one I got locally ($10) and it had virtually zero attenuation pass thru. I link to a different one down here from ebay.

/Ubbe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pieces-H...Satellite-Cable-TV-Dish-Approved/161848740979
25-scs-2a-x-2-2-pieces-heavy-duty-diplexer-2-way-splitters-satellite-cable-tv-dish-approved-602533362.jpeg

Hey Ubbe

Yes this is for a communication link to the local cell tower, to increase the speed of mobile internet and to get up and running on 4G (700Mhz).

Up at the mast where the yagi currently is there is a good signal strength with 5 Bars -80db signal strength.

I have two separate repeater units one at 700Mhz (4G) and one at 2100Mhz (3G). I believe they are dual direction, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah so those combiners will work for cell signals as long as they are in the frequency range?

Do i need to get a certain kind or will the TV ones work for what I'm doing?

And can I also use a combiner for a single internal aerial?
it looks like this..
HTB1Dw6UQVXXXXXbapXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

Thanks
Pouakai

Status
Not open for further replies.