Two Sites Number 023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
BTW, When UCAN talks about Mt. Baldy, they are referring to the one near Gunnison, Ctl. Utah -- not the Unitas one. That was part of their 2006 expansion plan, which is just now getting finished from what we all have logged.
Bob, is this the Mt. Baldy you're referring to: WQED658? It's between Indianola and Nephi and would provide coverage to northern Sanpete County.

There's another Mt. Baldy just east of Mayfield in southern Sanpete County that's closer to Gunnison, but I don't see any evidence of repeaters or licenses there.

Do you know what the site number will be for Mt. Baldy? Also, do you know what area the new simulcast Site 23 is planned for?

-Tim

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Other than what i heard tim no I was scrambling to find a pen to write stuff down. But between sevier and sanpete counties there are already 3 ucan control channels you can hear i wonder why they would want a fourth one. There is only one in my area and we have iffy coverage from ford. Minus the jail/prison what other reason would they want 4? I think they should stick another one down this way before they go and put another one there.

Junior1970

Other than what i heard tim no I was scrambling to find a pen to write stuff down. But between sevier and sanpete counties there are already 3 ucan control channels you can hear i wonder why they would want a fourth one. There is only one in my area and we have iffy coverage from ford. Minus the jail/prison what other reason would they want 4? I think they should stick another one down this way before they go and put another one there.

Baldy is going in to cover US 89 between Spanish Fork Canyon to Indianola. When there is a crash on that stretch the UHP, UtCo Sheriff and Spanish Fork EMS (who respond to incidents on that stretch) have minimal coverage. That area is so bad there is no cell coverage from those two points either. Teat Peak covers a bit past Thistle and maybe Birdseye but that's it.

KT7L

Bob, is this the Mt. Baldy you're referring to: WQED658?SNIPPED

Do you know what the site number will be for Mt. Baldy? Also, do you know what area the new simulcast Site 23 is planned for?

-Tim

Sorry, I don't, Tim. If I find out, I will let the group know.

Seems like JR. has the location correctly...

qlajlu

Silent Key
Where's your manners?

LCNs? I know that LCNs for MOTO exist but usually are NOT mentioned within the scanning community since this is automatic within every scanner. So can these be acquired via Trunker, Procomm, Etc.?
I would sure like to see one of you guys answer this question for JerryNone. I think it is a legitimate question and even I would like to know. It was posted at the bottom of the last page (Post #40) and everyone just seemed to steamroll right over it. Where are your manners? After all, he is the one that initiated this mammoth thread that seems to have accomplished so much.

KT7L

I would sure like to see one of you guys answer this question for JerryNone. I think it is a legitimate question and even I would like to know. It was posted at the bottom of the last page (Post #40) and everyone just seemed to steamroll right over it. Where are your manners? After all, he is the one that initiated this mammoth thread that seems to have accomplished so much.

Ummm, I missed that -- JerryNone was using a quote, which I had read, but it had nothing to do with LCN's. So I skipped over the bottom half of the post. Steamroller? No, I don't think so....

To JerryNone: Yes, the Alpa Version of UniTrunker lists the LCN's used in the Site Window, along with Control Channels, and # of hits for each assigned audio channel.

-- Bob

qlajlu

Silent Key
Oh, I guess "steamrolled" was a little stiff. The post that JerryNone referred to was one in which Junior1970 had quoted a list of frequencies including LCNs from KT7L. It wasn't my place to bring it up, but I kinda wanted to know, too.

Thanks, KT7L.

Last edited:

Thanks. :)

Ummm, I missed that -- JerryNone was using a quote, which I had read, but it had nothing to do with LCN's. So I skipped over the bottom half of the post. Steamroller? No, I don't think so....

To JerryNone: Yes, the Alpa Version of UniTrunker lists the LCN's used in the Site Window, along with Control Channels, and # of hits for each assigned audio channel.

-- Bob

Thanks. Now I know. Unitrunker seems to be the program. It seems to do a lot.

-- Bob

Wow. Sorry about the thread. I am saving the cash-o-la for a new radio scanner. It seems like a lot of greenabacks to pay for a radio scanner. Once I get a newer radio scanner and Unitrunker then I am sure that lots of these questions will slove themselves. Thanks again. :)

KT7L

Wow. Sorry about the thread. I am saving the cash-o-la for a new radio scanner. It seems like a lot of greenabacks to pay for a radio scanner. Once I get a newer radio scanner and Unitrunker then I am sure that lots of these questions will slove themselves. Thanks again. :)

JerryNone... Yeah, but..... If I read between the lines -- always dangerous -- Your 'newer radio scanner' will probably be a trunking scanner. You really don't want to use that for UniTrunker.

1. UniTrunker doesn't allow you to listen to the audio while it is doing its thing. It needs a radio that IS NOT scanning, monitoring only the Control Channel you which to decode with UniTrunker. Stated another way, UniTrunker can use a very old, obsolete scanner for it's decoding. The receiver does need to be modified with a discriminator tap -- which is really nothing more than a small capacitor attached to the discdriminator chip, and brought to the back of the radio with coax cable -- and a RCA jack to run to the sound card input on your PC.

2. To both listen and monitor on your PC with UniTrunker, you must use two scanners. The one you are saving for -- a trunking capable scanner -- would be your actual listening device -- The software in the trunking scanner also monitors the Control Channel, but also shifts to the AUDIO channel listed in the digital Control Header so you can hear that transmission.

3. UniTrunker can tell a second attached receiver to switch to the audio channel so that you can both Track and Listen, but its realtively complex.

4. Nothing to do with UniTrunker, but keep in mind that 'one of these days', UCAN will change their audio offset channels so that ALL Current scanners won't work to some degree or another. For that reason, make sure you purchase a scanner that is re-programmable by downloading new Firmware. What UCAN is 'really going to do' is still in debate -- read some of the old threads here -- But it is very likely that we will all have to wait a period of time while the community figures out the re-banding implecations, and the scanner manufacturers change their software. We have been waiting for this 'shoe to drop' for over a year or more....

If you have any other questions, please jump right in --- Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.