• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Two Systems with same WACN and System ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Here in Nebraska (City: Omaha), we have two systems. One system is the local system for me call ORION (Omaha Regional Interoperability Network (ORION) Trunking System, Omaha, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) and the other system is a state-wide system called NWIN (Nebraska Wireless Interoperable Network (N-WIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies). Both systems share the same WACN and System ID.

I made a program to track the ORION system full time but I might expand some day to include another scanner to monitor the NWIN system's control messages. All messages that I want to save (E.G: Channel Grants) go into a database and are currently identified by WACN and system ID. How can I automatically tell a part the two systems? Is there any information that will be unique per system?

SCPD

QRT
I'm monitoring the system based on control trunking data (which makes me think I'm in the wrong forum). One way would be to id the system based on talkgroup ids or frequencies but I was hoping there was a more full proof way (ID number) as that means I would be required to keep a list of my own unique ids and their control channel frequencies which even if I only keep track of one frequency (the control channel) it could change.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
More than likely that's how the controller is doing it, certain talkgroups use channels in group "A" and others use group "B". Are both systems the same frequency band ie: 800mhz? I know here in NYC they have a 480 mhz and a 800 mhz Type II Motorola system that uses talkgroups to simulcast on both systems at once or on the individual systems.

SCPD

QRT
They are separate systems all together but the local system is 800mhz and the state wide is 173.xxxx

SCPD

QRT
Similar to NYC, but you are using one WACN and SYS ID, possibly even just one master controller. If so the only way I can think of is to monitor both CC's and run 2 separate logging sessions and log the ID's on each.
I assume by ID's you mean talkgroup ID's?

P.S: Thanks for your replies!

SCPD

QRT
I never thought about that one. Is there anything in the control channel messages that would state the NAC?

SCPD

QRT
I never thought about that one. Is there anything in the control channel messages that would state the NAC?
The 12 bit NAC and 4 bit DUID are the first 16 bits of every P25 packet. On the control channel, each packet may be 1 or more TSBKs. There is no NAC inside the TSBK. The CC data from some scanners will provide the NAC. Others (like the PSR 500), provide only the TSBKs.

You could screen scrape the NAC perhaps.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks everyone. This thread has given me something to look into for uniquely identifying systems.

Unitrunker,

Thanks for the last NAC idea. I'm using a PSR 500 to collect data so I will have to look into requesting the current screen from the scanner through the remote control protocol (your screen scrape gave me the idea for that). I'll have to learn that protocol as last time I tried working with it I failed. As far as other scanners go, if I decide to turn my project into something more public I'll work that part out.

Status
Not open for further replies.