TwoToneDetect Two Tone detect cng file won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruhansen

I am using version 68, on a Windows 7 machine. The other day I went to update the list for sending the pages to cell phones, after the change I hit "save to tones.cfg". After that point I am unable to open the "Tones Editor 8b" file which has the configuration in it. It appears it is going to open but does not. Also if I try to run the debug it pops up but closes right after some text populates, to quick to see what it says. Also with this we no longer receive the files to our phones. If I open the debug for the two tone detect and have the com center run a page I see all of the activity and that it created a file like all is good, we just do not receive it to our phones. Thanks

DC31

Feed Provider
I am using version 68, on a Windows 7 machine. The other day I went to update the list for sending the pages to cell phones, after the change I hit "save to tones.cfg". After that point I am unable to open the "Tones Editor 8b" file which has the configuration in it. It appears it is going to open but does not. Also if I try to run the debug it pops up but closes right after some text populates, to quick to see what it says. Also with this we no longer receive the files to our phones. If I open the debug for the two tone detect and have the com center run a page I see all of the activity and that it created a file like all is good, we just do not receive it to our phones. Thanks

It sounds like maybe your tones configuration file has gotten corrupted. The “Tones Editor 8b” is a gui interface for modifying the tones.cfg file. Locate your tones.cfg file and open it with a plain text editor to see if it looks okay. There may also by a file named sampletones.cfg in the same folder. Try renaming your tones.cfg file to something like tonesbak.cfg then rename the sampletones file to tones.cfg. See if TTD will now start with the sample configuration. The sampletones file is also available in the .zip download for v70 at twotonedetect.net.

ruhansen

Yes that seems correct, I followed what you suggested and appears to be better. I will be recommissioning tomarrow.

ruhansen

So I got the config to work and it went corrupt again shortly after setting I up. So I downloaded the v70 and am trying to us it instead of 68. Assuming the cfg file stays good a person should be able to make this work correct? I am just retransmitting fire and rescue pages to Verizon cell phone users. Thanks

johnmac

Feed Provider
Two Tone Detect suddenly stopped emailing. Page is received OK, but there is an error when the email goes out. Attached is a section of the debug file. I need some assistance trying to make sense of this. I have been running two instances of Two Tone Detect for a few years with no problems. I have made no changes to any of the files.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• Debug Text.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 5

DC31

Feed Provider
You are getting an SMTPAuthentication Error. Usually that means that your email provider is rejecting your username and password. Try logging in to your email acct from a web browser and also check your credentials in TTD.

johnmac

Feed Provider
You are getting an SMTPAuthentication Error. Usually that means that your email provider is rejecting your username and password. Try logging in to your email acct from a web browser and also check your credentials in TTD.

I think I figured out the issue. My comcast account was was hacked recently and I had to change my password. Will go in and re-configure the settings in TwoTone and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for jogging my memory! John

Status
Not open for further replies.