Two Tone Detect down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
How did you update your password? Here is what worked for me...
- Go to Google account associated with the Gmail address you are using
- Enable 2Step verification for that account
- Created app specific password
- Opened the GUI for TTD (I'm using 71c) and pasted in new password
- Success

What DIDN'T work for me was base64 encoding the new password manually and editing it into the config.cfg file.

DC31

Feed Provider
Follow the instructions at gmail to create the app password. It will show you an app password in a red box. Write it down.
Then open the TTD user interface and click on Edit Config Info. Type in the password that you wrote down in the password block then save. Restart TTD and it should work. When you use the Edit Config Info screen it does the base64 encoding for you. Makes things easy.

pj226

Thanks to everyone for your help. I had no luck with Protonmail, even with the bridge. I did however get app password to work.

MFR465

Great info from a few folks here so THANK YOU for that! I'm running into 1 "new" problem, however, after installing and utilizing TTD 73. Maybe I'm blind, but where is there a setting to capture LONGER than 15 seconds worth of audio prior to sending the text/email alerts??? This was NOT a problem on TTD 70 that I'd been using up to this Gmail disaster nonsense. TIA.

DC31

Feed Provider
Great info from a few folks here so THANK YOU for that! I'm running into 1 "new" problem, however, after installing and utilizing TTD 73. Maybe I'm blind, but where is there a setting to capture LONGER than 15 seconds worth of audio prior to sending the text/email alerts??? This was NOT a problem on TTD 70 that I'd been using up to this Gmail disaster nonsense. TIA.
In the Tones Editor, it’s Minimum Record Length and record release time. After the minimum record time has passed, then it records until it hears silence for the number of Record Release seconds.

Attachments

• E7AA177D-09C9-4310-AEBB-65C8F76181E7.jpeg
    E7AA177D-09C9-4310-AEBB-65C8F76181E7.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 12

MFR465

In the Tones Editor, it’s Minimum Record Length and record release time. After the minimum record time has passed, then it records until it hears silence for the number of Record Release seconds.

Thank you! Am I losing it, though, or has anyone else run into a drag/drop issue specific to this part of the config from a previous version to an update?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Thank you! Am I losing it, though, or has anyone else run into a drag/drop issue specific to this part of the config from a previous version to an update?

It was moved from the config.cfg file to the tones.cfg file so that it can be configured "per tone" rather than universally.

Andy

willeyr

I was able to get my gmail to send emails again by using an app password. I used the link below to create the password, then used the base 64 converter and updated my config file with that.

Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help
Would you be able to provide step by step instructions or a tutorial of some sort. I am having a bear of a time getting this to work. Is this within web gmail or do you have to be using the mail app on the computer? Thanks

DC31

Feed Provider
Would you be able to provide step by step instructions or a tutorial of some sort. I am having a bear of a time getting this to work. Is this within web gmail or do you have to be using the mail app on the computer? Thanks
There is a pretty good thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.