Two Tone Detect Email Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

_DeS_

Greetings, I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand with a error I get while using TTD when trying to send email.

I am using my isp's email address with a smtp forwarding service. This combination works fine in multiple email clients I use my login in credentials for the forwarding service associated with the smtp server they offer on port 587 with no problem at all.

When I transpose the same information over to the config file for TTD I get the following error.

<class 'smtplib.SMTPException'>
STARTTLS extension not supported by server.
<traceback object at 0x0150C490>
While trying to send to:
the mms email address im trying to send to.

Im perplexed, the account works fine in other email clients.

Using
TTD 67a
Windows XP fully updated
TurboSmtp is forwarding service

Any help is greatly appreciated as im about to go nuts trying to resolve this...

aaknitt

Feed Provider
TwoToneDetect makes some assumptions about which services an email server uses based on the port. This was originally done to try to simplify setup for those who aren't savvy with technology. It may be time to add more options to make it similar to a standard email client.

If port 587 is used, TwoToneDetect will use the STARTTLS extensions, as most email servers using 587 do. It would seem that your email server uses port 587 without STARTTLS, which won't work with TwoToneDetect. You might try using port 465 instead and see if your server will accept that.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.