Two Tone Detect on a Pi3 using UbuntuMATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckie27

It took me a while but I seem to have gotten an image to run TTD (v68) well on Ubuntu-MATE on a Raspberry Pi3. Below is a link to a copy of the image. It is from a 16 gb SD card so you will need a card at least that big. Be ready for it to take an hour or more to download and then another hour or two possibly to image your card.

The UbuntuMATE image closely resembles the Windows version of TTD. There are icons on the desktop for TTD and for the Tones Editor. If you are familiar with the Windows version or follow Andy's Windows set up instructions (TwoToneDetect) you shouldn't have much trouble with it. This image version automatically loads TTD at boot up so will self recover after a power failure. It also supports .amr attachments.

The image also contains Windows Remote Desktop to facilitate remoting in without monitor or keyboard.

1. Download the compressed image to your computer.

2. Extract the .img file and image your SD card using Win32 Disk Imager, Etcher (etcher.io) or your choice of imaging software.

3.Put the freshly imaged card into your Pi3.

4. Connect up an HDMI monitor, a usb sound card, an ethernet cable, usb keyboard/mouse, and then power up the pi.

5. The monitor should boot to the MATE desktop with Pulse Audio Volume Control and Two Tone Detect running. Be patient, there will be a few seconds where the monitor is completely blank. There is also a 20 second delay on the launch of TTD to allow Pulse to get loaded. Give it a minute or so and it should completely load up.

6. click on the Recording tab in Pulse Audio Volume Control and make sure that it is coming from the USB Audio device, not either of the monitors.

7. use the Edit Configuration button on the TTD window to enter your email credentials, etc.

8. use the Tones Editor icon on the desktop to launch the tones editor to put in your tone sets.

9. After making changes, use the Exit button in the TTD window to exit the program and then the desktop TTD icon to relaunch with the changes.

Good luck.

The link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9sLdBjMInCVdEpBMlZPMWxoczg

does this image reboot at a given time?

truckie27

What's the command to run TTD? I'm trying to get it to auto start in Ubuntu mate from the startup applications.. Right now I have to start it from terminal..I got pulse audio volume control to auto start.. Just not TTD yet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DC31

Feed Provider
Not quite sure that I understand your question. If you are starting it in Terminal, then you know the command.

Right click on the TwoToneDetect icon on the desktop, then click on properties. The command that this icon runs will show.

That icon is also a .desktop file. Launch the Pluma text editor, then open the TwoToneDetect.desktop file located in Desktop and you will see it in text format.

I hope this helps.

Jim

truckie27

Not quite sure that I understand your question. If you are starting it in Terminal, then you know the command.

Right click on the TwoToneDetect icon on the desktop, then click on properties. The command that this icon runs will show.

That icon is also a .desktop file. Launch the Pluma text editor, then open the TwoToneDetect.desktop file located in Desktop and you will see it in text format.

I hope this helps.

Jim
Sorry Jim.... I'm trying to get TTD to start up at boot. Then schedule a reboot at midnight

DC31

Feed Provider
I did a little more digging. System/Preferences/Personal/Startup Applications leads me to a list that includes pavucontrol and TTD. The command to start pavucontrol is easy, pavucontrol. I note that the TTD runs a command called startup. A little more searching finds a script, startup.sh, in the ubuntu folder. This script simply inserts a 20 sec delay prior to running the command to start TTD. That gives pavucontrol time to load.

See if your image has that startup script installed. That may be what you want to run to enabke TTD to launch as a Startup Application.

Correction: look fior startup in /usr/local/bin

ubuntu@pi-ubuntuMate:/usr/local/bin$ cat startup
#!/bin/bash

sleep 20

cd /home/ubuntu/TwoToneDetect68 ; python TwoToneDetect68.pyc
ubuntu@pi-ubuntuMate:/usr/local/bin$

Last edited:

truckie27

I don't have anything in my startup.sh I wasn't able to get your image to decode so I went back to another I was able to get decoding.... This stuff hurts my brain

Status
Not open for further replies.