Two Way Radios and The Empire State Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Also cell phones would be in that question too. If there is interference or a boogie man syndrome issue then what if say a guy is using a nextel push to talk cell phone or a verizon push to talk? Would seem a rogue entity would use cell phones first since they use to sell them down the block from the complex at a stand selling pre paid phones. Just saying.

SCPD

QRT
If there is interference though from a antenna 4 to 10 inches then how can they erect huge large antennas on these buildings, and buildings across from it emmitting tons of power and airwaves? Would seem this too would be a danger. Id say its a choke the chain situation orsome one is going by very old material and policies that have not been revised. Being how things are it wouldnt surprise me with how things are ran lately. Lets just go off old texts even though its been 30 years or more and no modern study done.

They say cell phones mess up airliners also, yet virgin is now letting people use them.
Virgin Atlantic to let passengers on some flights use cellphones - Los Angeles Times

Federal regulators in the U.S. prohibit cellphone use on airborne planes, saying the calls may interfere with an aircraft's navigation systems.

Mythbusters tested this and said, BUSTED
Myth: Cell Phones Interfere with Plane Instruments : Discovery Channel

Basically you have security guards that have large ego issues...

15plus1

They say cell phones mess up airliners also, yet virgin is now letting people use them.
Virgin Atlantic to let passengers on some flights use cellphones - Los Angeles Times

Federal regulators in the U.S. prohibit cellphone use on airborne planes, saying the calls may interfere with an aircraft's navigation systems.

Mythbusters tested this and said, BUSTED
Myth: Cell Phones Interfere with Plane Instruments : Discovery Channel

Basically you have security guards that have large ego issues...

Basically, it's private property and they can exclude anyone they want. They can also set rules as to what you can and cannot bring into their private property. The guards are enforcing their bosses' rules. Don't like the rules ?? Oh well..

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Basically, it's private property and they can exclude anyone they want. They can also set rules as to what you can and cannot bring into their private property. The guards are enforcing their bosses' rules. Don't like the rules ?? Oh well..

15plus1. You're 100% correct that is why I did not challenge them. Their policy is their policy and its their job to enforce that. I was caught off guard because I told one of them that I had two way radios with before I went through the metal detector and was told that was fine, when I went to grab my coat from the xray machine another guard told me I couldn't bring them with me. So I handed them over and went on with my business and collected them when I was ready to leave.

emcomm

Try taking your radio into the Social Security office, unemployment office, or welfare office, it ain't going to happen in NYC. The armed private guards are pit bulls, aggressive, outspoken, and have no supervisor that you can talk with.

catalabas

Had mine confiscated until I left...

I went to the Em. State Building 86th, put out my callsign kn a 440 machine. Within 10 seconds, the security manager was asking to hold it until I left...

Status
Not open for further replies.