TwoToneDetect Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
feature suggestion

Could there be an option to minimize the program to the system tray (or whatever
that thing is called by the clock in the corner? It'd be nice to not always have it on the screen.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Back in March I posted about a problem I was having with TwoToneDetect detecting the tones and sending the email but not attaching the audio file for one out of the eight tone pairs I had set up. Well, I recently moved and have set up TwoToneDetect in my new location. Guess what? The problem is still occurring, this time with three of the four tone sets I am using.

The tones I am referring to (which have an email sent but no attachment) are:
592.0 684.8
881.2 831.2
338.5 328.1

I have tried different slots to no avail. Any advice/assistance is appreciated.

aliby19

Feed Provider
As an update, the 881.2 831.2 tone pair was just detected. After detection, the email was sent with no attachment. When I looked at the machine running the TwoToneDetect software, I had a error message up saying that an error had occured and TwoToneDetect had to close.

Any thoughts? I'm assuming there may have been an error/issue with the recording process which caused it to fail and the program to crash, but not before sending out the email (without audio file, of course).

Thanks

Trexer

Premium Subscriber
Try using the LAME encoder for MP3. I know I wasn't getting audio files attached till I switched it from .wav files to mp3

aliby19

Feed Provider
Trexer, thanks for the input. However, I'm already using the MP3 encoder and one out of the four tone sets does work and send the email. However, the rest do not. I just had it happen again where twotonedetect (version 25.1) did indeed recognize the tones and emailed me the "Page Received" email with no attachment.

I did go look in the Audio File Directory and found a file in there from the correct time and date of the page, but only two seconds of audio were recorded.

I hate to say this as I love TwoToneDetect, but does anyone know of any alternatives to it? With it crashing/not sending the audio file, it unfortunately is not fitting my needs. I'd like to investigate other potential options.

truckie27

need some help

I just set up my computer with ttd,, and i have all the tone sets in,, however,, in the "tone freq" the frequencies are around in the 60hz range. also my "audio level" is almost maxed out, the audio threshold is set just below 100 and the offset and tollerance are at about 2%. i have tried to squelch out the scanner to see if the frequency range changes, but it does not. shouldn't it be doing this? i am using a radio shack pro 450 scanner. I only have 3 frequencies programmed into the scanner.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I just set up my computer with ttd,, and i have all the tone sets in,, however,, in the "tone freq" the frequencies are around in the 60hz range. also my "audio level" is almost maxed out, the audio threshold is set just below 100 and the offset and tollerance are at about 2%. i have tried to squelch out the scanner to see if the frequency range changes, but it does not. shouldn't it be doing this? i am using a radio shack pro 450 scanner. I only have 3 frequencies programmed into the scanner.

Check your audio cabling between the scanner and PC sound card. 60 Hz is the frequency of your AC power mains, and that AC hum is getting into your sound card. Could be a ground loop problem. You may need an isolation transformer between your scanner and PC sound card.

rocket100

I downloaded two tone detect and it starts recording and sends the email just fine when it detects a tone, but when I look at the email all it says is "Page Received". There is no audio attachment.
Please help
Thanks!

SafAlert Notification Program

To anyone wanting pricing information on SafAlert it is as follows:

SafAlert Notifier Software

New Version 2.2 rel. 30-Oct 2010 <Version History>

10-units license
(20 emails total)
$119

25-units license
(50 emails total)
$159

50-units license

(100 emails total)
$199

100-units license
(200 emails total)
$225

250-units license
(500 emails total)
$325

500-units license
(1,000 emails total)
$545

Download the Software play with the 15 day trial. It Sends a Predefined Message to whatever Cellphone address you give it also sends the same message with the Audio attached to your email so you get the text message then open your email on your phone and listen to the audio from the time of dispatch till the time i receive my Text is less than 1 minute. He just recently resolved the Issue with AT&T MMS. salesmgr@comtekk.biz is the Contact for SafAlert Pricing isnt all that bad if you get Friends or Family to go in with you on it. The more units you buy the Cheaper it gets ComTekk Software - Alert Notification

turkbuzz

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I downloaded/istalled v24, it took some messing around with the ports to get my email to work... It works awesome, it detects just fine, records the audio, but for some reason, it doesn't appear to be attaching the audio file to the email.

I've tried using different email accounts (hotmail, gmail...), that didn't help. I also tried sending it to different email accounts (one is my personal email account, another was my cellphone), still no audio file attached. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks much! If I could get that to work...this program would be PERFECT!

magna131 check your pm inbox

Im having the issue of no email being sent as well. Please Help. Thanks

ac316scu

no audio attached in email

I doenloaded the program but im not getting any audio attached to my emails. I tryed downloading the lame encoder but i can not find the lame.exe file that has to be put in the data folder according to the instructions. I tried sending emails to my gmail and yahoo accounts, but both didnt work can anybody help me out?

gmankan34

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I downloaded/istalled v24, it took some messing around with the ports to get my email to work... It works awesome, it detects just fine, records the audio, but for some reason, it doesn't appear to be attaching the audio file to the email.

I've tried using different email accounts (hotmail, gmail...), that didn't help. I also tried sending it to different email accounts (one is my personal email account, another was my cellphone), still no audio file attached. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks much! If I could get that to work...this program would be PERFECT!

i am having the exact same problem, did the exact same things. anyone wanna help?

tjacks34

for people having the issue with not getting the attachment, i am guessing you are using the new version 25.1? if so you need to download either the .lame or the nokia file. they are both in the blog somewhere cant remember the pages but there is links and instructions how to install. if you are using the older version 21 there is something else going on. pm me if you have any problems or email tjackson@berlinfd.com

truckie27

two tone detect and different phone models (verizon)

Andy,

We have been using your software at our fire department for about a week now. It works quite well and everyone loves it so far. out of about 30 of us getting pages, there are two that will not play the mp3 audio, one of which being the chief,, and he doesn't like it. I do believe his phone will play the .wav files but i know it doesn't do the mp3,, same phone as the other guy. is there a way to delay the decoding and send as a wav to certain addresses before it converts to mp3, or can another slot be added in and not be converted to mp3 upon tone a and b detection? they are both the verizon g'zone boulder phones. I know they will play mp3's off a media card, but for some reason not on a multimedia message. any thoughts? anyone?

doyle0213

I am trying to use TwoToneDetect with a Zetron .75/.25 system.

I am having difficulty getting it to recognize the B tone.

Also, my jurisdiction uses a warble (1500/800). Will TTD pick that up?

Thanks

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I am trying to use TwoToneDetect with a Zetron .75/.25 system.

I am having difficulty getting it to recognize the B tone.

Also, my jurisdiction uses a warble (1500/800). Will TTD pick that up?

Thanks

The program wants to see the tone for at least 400 ms, so it probably won't pick up the B-tone in that paging format.

Andy

swfrdc67

Help with mms text to phones

First off... GREAT program Andy..
Here is my problem. we have Version.024 running on windows 7 pc. Worked fine for both email and mms to different carriers. Now it will only email thru googlegroups and not mms to verizon, att etc.
All numbers are in system the right way. I can do screen captures later this day to show how system is set up. Is the ISP possibly an issue thinking that this is spam being sent out. We have Optimum for ISP.

Thanks for all the help.

usfsengine

I downloaded Two Tone Detect 21 software last night. First of all its pretty cool that this software is free, big Kudos to you Andy. I would like to plug my scanner directly to the audio input of my computer using a Male-Male audio cable. From reading the description and the group that is possible. All I'm interested in doing right now is decodeing 2 Tone from the FD. From what I have read, all I have to do is open the Two Tone Detect software and turn my scanner on, connect the audio cable between the two and wait for the tones. Is this correct? Do I have to do anything with my sound card?? Is there any steps I'm forgetting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it would be better to send me a private message to help me that would be fine. Once again Thank you Andy & anyone that can offer me assistance.
Merry Christmas

tjacks34

woodlawn32
i do believe that the audio has to a mono recording and not stereo it was back in the blog somewhere about that. you can change the audio with audacity its free

Status
Not open for further replies.