TwoToneDetect Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendsley

Feed Provider
Multiple Instances

I am trying to install multiple instances (2). I am installing the second one in a different folder, but I get the message: No software will be installed or removed. I believe this is because it is already installed. Is there another way to install a second instance of it?

Thanks,
Brent

tjacks34

bendsley:
yes just go into c:program files\two tone detect (or where ever it was downloaded) copy and paste to a different location i.e. desktop. You also must add and change the name of the tone definition file. If you need help email tjacks3441@gmail.com

frozensun090

I have the program up and running and it detects and records calls properly, the only problem is after it detects tones and records(not sure where in the process this happens) the program crashes and never sends an email. I get the standard windows send report window.

Any suggestions?

Windows XP Pro
Labview off program page
.Net vers 4 (<--is it that?)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I have just installed this (finally) and successfully got it to send the email, but had no file attached. I added the LAME encoder to my program and data directories and restarted. Hopefully that's all I need - we'll see, next time my department gets a call!

Jay911

Feed Provider
I may have spoken too soon! About one hour after posting the above, we got a call, and I dashed out the door. My BB received the email with the MP3 in it, and it sounded fine, so I thought everything was going well.

I get back here to find "TwoToneDetect has stopped working" .... no real information provided by Windows. Restarted it, and all looks OK (again).

System is Windows 7 Ultimate x64, sending to an rmesfire.org email account through Gmail. LAME encoder x64 version was installed just before installing the program, as was the other software (VISA plugin and LABVIEW 8.5). Machine was rebooted after installing all this. Oh, and the TwoToneDetect program reports v0.24 (although the archive it was in is titled TwoToneDetect25_1.zip).

I seem to recall seeing someone else having crashing issues further back in the thread - I'll go look for that, but in the meantime if anyone has any advice, please fire away!

EDIT: I am indeed running under administrator privileges as someone else said they had to. I figured that out when I couldn't save the config files upon exiting. Not sure what the problem is with the crashing right after sending the mail - really hope I can figure that part out......

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Still having trouble -

I installed .Net 4 - thought I had it, but I didn't - and I downgraded from TTD .25 to .21. It too keeps crashing. Here is the error I got most recently:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0x18f0 (6384), Thread ID=0x1364 (4964).

Does anyone have any idea if I'd have better stability on XP? I have a notebook running XP that I can try this on.

tjacks34

I have had it running on both win 7 and xp without a problem. a while back i had an older computer with xp on it and it crashed quite often, now with new computers it will crash maybe once a month not sure why it just does. I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse switcher and it almost always crashes when i switch from one computer to the other? sorry jay911 but i have no answers. although i did have good luck with xp

iamhere300

Ok, this program is slicker than snot on a doorknob. Thanks Andy!

My questions, what does 25.1 get me that 21 does not? You list one as tested, the other as not.

Anyone on USCC know what format the audio files for them should be for MMS?

Is 25.1 stable? Will it overwrite 21, or do I need to delete it, or just install 25.1 and use it instead? (Leaving the old one as a backup?

And Andy - are you the same Andy that used to be writing trunking radio programs? From back in the Scan-l days? (whatever happened to Scan-L?)

iamhere300

When sending out the page as a MMS, I get a good 5-10 seconds of dead air, then the tones, then it cuts off at 16 seconds.

I guess US Cellular could be the reason for 16 seconds, but what is up with the dead air?

aliby19

Feed Provider
Jay911 - I have had similar issues as I noted earlier here: http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...120010-twotonedetect-beta-17.html#post1246799 and http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...120010-twotonedetect-beta-23.html#post1313985

Unfortunately I'm still having issues with TwoToneDetect crashing. I also have another problem -- TwoToneDetect will record and email me the file, but the recording is quite sped up. It's supposed to record 60 seconds, but it only ends up being around 30, with the recording being sped up 2x. This might be due to the fact that I'm running this on a VMware ESXi server.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I have "solved" my crashing issues with the afore-mentioned "Application Monitor" software and disabling the crash notification popup in Windows with a registry tweak. Now when the software crashes, it disappears completely, and App Monitor restarts it within 2 minutes.

My biggest issue right now is that we had our first call in several days this morning, and the email wasn't generated. I have no idea if the recording actually happened because I was asleep, but everything looks proper on the program's settings.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have "solved" my crashing issues with the afore-mentioned "Application Monitor" software and disabling the crash notification popup in Windows with a registry tweak. Now when the software crashes, it disappears completely, and App Monitor restarts it within 2 minutes.

My biggest issue right now is that we had our first call in several days this morning, and the email wasn't generated. I have no idea if the recording actually happened because I was asleep, but everything looks proper on the program's settings.

You can check the directory where the audio files are stored to see if it recorded anything or not. Also, take a look at the the "Detection Output" box if you haven't restarted the program since then to see if it detected the tones and recorded anything.

Andy

truckie27

ttd not responding

hello,, i recently went to install ttd on a stand alone pc to be used for nothing but this software, since it slows down our main pc at the station. its an older machine, (dell) 2ghz processor and 512mb ram. I've installed all the needed files (labview and .net framework) and upon loading ttd, it automatically does not respond. and locks up everything else. does anyone know the mim requirements for running this software? or any other issues that I might can fix?

Thanks
Micah

pete133

Feed Provider
error message

im geting this message .. the vi is not executable. the full development version of labview is needed to fix the errors. any ideas ? thank you ... pete

truckie27

im geting this message .. the vi is not executable. the full development version of labview is needed to fix the errors. any ideas ? thank you ... pete

pete,,, try changing back to the 3.5 version of the .net framework,,, i had the same problem and had to switch from the 4.0 back to the 3.5

hope that helps,,

chad3405

Man Great program!

I do have a small issue, My dept and two others use the same A tone but different B tones. Our long tone is the A tone continued. ok so the problem is our dispatch plays our tones twice not sure why but when paging us they do the tone part twice back to back. So when one of the other depts gets a call it reads it as our long tone. it picks up the first A tone for them then no B tone found so it listens for long tone about the time they are starting the second one and it reads it as lone tone detected.
any ideas on how to fix this?
our tone length is 1sec 3sec with a 2 sec beep between tone sets.

Also works great for text! they come in about the time the email is done sending.

* AT&T &#8211; cellnumber@txt.att.net
* Verizon &#8211; cellnumber@vtext.com
* T-Mobile &#8211; cellnumber@tmomail.net
* Sprint PCS - cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
* Virgin Mobile &#8211; cellnumber@vmobl.com
* US Cellular &#8211; cellnumber@email.uscc.net
* Nextel - cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com
* Boost - cellnumber@myboostmobile.com
* Alltel &#8211; cellnumber@message.alltel.com

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Based on what I have open in Regedit when I reopen it (don't think I have changed anything since), it would be Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsErrorReporting - change "DontShowUI" from 0 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.