TwoToneDetect TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Managed to get the PiPeater running but I'm now getting these errors.

recording audio 09:27:56
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PeaterPiPyr2.py", line 254, in <module>
alert(prerecord)
File "PeaterPiPyr2.py", line 122, in alert
temp.append(filedata)
NameError: global name 'temp' is not defined
ubuntu@pi-ubuntuMate:~/PiPeater$

KD0BML

Feed Provider
Are there any known bugs with the ftpupload.py script and TTD?

I have it set in the tones.cfg with ftpupload.py [mp3] but it doesn't seem to be calling the script after the tones. I don't see anything in the log file either where it tried or failed. The script works fine when I run it from command line using the file path.

Last edited:

DC31

Feed Provider
Are there any known bugs with the ftpupload.py script and TTD?

I have it set in the tones.cfg with ftpupload.py [mp3] but it doesn't seem to be calling the script after the tones. I don't see anything in the log file either where it tried or failed. The script works fine when I run it from command line using the file path.

Can you paste in a sample from your tones.cfg file showing how you are calling it?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Managed to get the PiPeater running but I'm now getting these errors.

I'm not sure how it ended up that way, but there's definitely a problem in the code. I uploaded a new version to the website, or you can replace this code:

Code:
			for i in range(0, int(RATE / chunk * .2)):
				filedata = stream.read(chunk)
				temp.append(filedata)
				filedata = ''.join(temp)
			all.append(filedata)
			audio_data  = fromstring(filedata, dtype=short)

with this:

Code:
				all.append(filedata)

in the .py file.

Andy

nick223

Feed Provider
Any other options to upload calls to twitter since now audio boom wants to charge 10 dollars a month which is way to step

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Andy,

Now how do I only get it to PTT on certain tone sets? I have a tone.cfg file configured and in the same folder but no joy.

I'm not sure how it ended up that way, but there's definitely a problem in the code. I uploaded a new version to the website, or you can replace this code:

Code:
				temp.append(filedata)
				filedata = ''.join(temp)
			all.append(filedata)

with this:

Code:
				all.append(filedata)

in the .py file.

Andy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Well blonde moment, I was using the PeaterPi instead of the PagerPi code.

I'm getting intermittent decoding on the receive but no transmit. After it decodes it records and transmits but no audio and the transmitter just hangs until the process is stopped.

Here is the error I'm seeing.

delay timer Test 08:58:33
waiting for audio Test 08:58:33
recording audio Test 08:58:33
File "PagerPiPyr.py", line 312, in alert
AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'append'
File "PagerPiPyr.py", line 358, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'WAVE_OUTPUT_FILENAME' referenced before assignment
Freq: 1317 Level: 31768
Freq: 247 Level: -1044
Freq: 247 Level: -446
Freq: 301 Level: -255
Freq: 301 Level: -160
Freq: 736 Level: -109
Freq: 736 Level: -85
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "PagerPiPyr.py", line 447, in <module>
File "PagerPiPyr.py", line 435, in record
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 605, in read
return pa.read_stream(self._stream, num_frames)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Any other options to upload calls to twitter since now audio boom wants to charge 10 dollars a month which is way to step

Don't bother wasting your money. Even with the $10 account, they dropped support for email uploading. Time to find something else.

DC31

Feed Provider
Twitter uploads

Direct twitter uploads using python code are possible if you are using a RPi to run TTD. The python code is relatively simple. It is setting your twitter acct up to receive the uploads that is tedious. It also requires that you have an ftp server to upload the audio file to. If there is enough interest, I could probably provide an outline.

ffryan76

Feed Provider
Direct twitter uploads using python code are possible if you are using a RPi to run TTD. The python code is relatively simple. It is setting your twitter acct up to receive the uploads that is tedious. It also requires that you have an ftp server to upload the audio file to. If there is enough interest, I could probably provide an outline.
I'm interested but I need to purchase another pi and re learn how to set it up. I had crash problems the last time. That may have been because I was running TeamViewer on it to remote in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DrPepper12

Feed Provider
Audio Issues

I tried these steps without luck.

When I type: pavucontrol it returns the error: WARNING **: Error retrieving accessbility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by an .service files

The GUI of Volume Control then opens and I see my USB sound card. In fact, I can send audio to it and see the meter raise as I turn up the volume on my radio.

I then exited and typed: pulseaudio - D as you recommend. It states: Daemon startup failed.

When trying to run: ptyhon TwoToneDetect70.pyc it returns:
ImportError. No Module named pushbullet

I'm running the new PI 3 B+. I just can't seem to get the command prompt version to work at all. If I run the Pi version, I get the same long list of errors the other buy posted a few weeks ago. I could try the GUI version. How do I start that on the PI?

Thank you!

It runs on a pi3 but takes several tweaks to get it there and to keep it running. Mostly related to pulseaudio. If you want to give it a go, here are some steps from memory to get you started:

1. Image an SD card with the full version of Raspbian Stretch

2. Do a sudo update and reboot.

3. Install pulse audio. You can do thus using Add Programs under Preferences/Pi configuration or at comand line sudo apt install pulseaudio

4. Install pulse audio volume control. Again, either Preferences or command line sudo apt install
pavucontrol.

5. Make a TTD directory

6. Populate the TTD directory with the TTD version and files of your choice from the .zip download from the TwoToneDetect website. Use the linux version of TTD, NOT the one identified specifically for the pi. You will also need tones.cfg, config.cfg, and TTD.cfg.

7. Create a blank file simply named ffmpeg in the TTD directory.

8. Reboot again

9. Try starting pavucontrol, from command line it is pavucontrol, or in the dropdown under the pi icon under Sound.

10. If you get an error message, close it out, go to the command line and type pulseaudio -D

11. Then try starting pavucontrol again. Hopefully, you won’t get the error message.

12. Once you get pavucontrol running, then open a terminal window, cd to your TTD directory, then start TTD by typing python TwoToneDetect69.pyc or whatever your linux program file is called

13. Cross your fingers...

Let me know how it goes, if anyone tries it. There are several more steps to get it to auto start etc. but those won’t help if you can’t make it run from the command line

Jim

DrPepper12

Feed Provider
Closer

This fixed the problem. Now it looks like I'm back to figuring out how to get the audio selected properly:

Here is the series of errors when running v70 of TDD. As I mentioned below, I can open the Volume Control and see my USB sound card receiving audio from my radio. Any ideas how to fix the errors? Or maybe there is a way to enter GUI mode and select the audio source from a drop down?

pi@raspberrypi:~/TTD $ python TwoToneDetect70.pyc

Successfully retrieved local tone info at 03:32:07 on 12/18/17
Tone1
Tone2
Longtone1
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front

ALSA lib conf.c:4996:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
connect(2) call to /tmp/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
attempt to connect to server failed
Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2048
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->capture, inParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsCapture, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2719
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2843
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1006, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 750, in open
stream = Stream(self, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: [Errno -9997] Invalid sample rate
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1486, in <module>
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1054, in start
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1029, in record
NameError: global name 'stream' is not defined
pi@raspberrypi:~/TTD $

To fix this, run:

Code:
sudo pip install pushbullet.py

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
This fixed the problem. Now it looks like I'm back to figuring out how to get the audio selected properly:

Here is the series of errors when running v70 of TDD. As I mentioned below, I can open the Volume Control and see my USB sound card receiving audio from my radio. Any ideas how to fix the errors? Or maybe there is a way to enter GUI mode and select the audio source from a drop down?

Tone1
Tone2
Longtone1
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front

ALSA lib conf.c:4996:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such file or directory
connect(2) call to /tmp/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2048
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->capture, inParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsCapture, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2719
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2843
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1006, in <module>
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 1486, in <module>

What audio sources show up when you run LevelMeter.py? If you run LevelMeter.py multiple times in a row, do the number of audio sources change?

Andy

DrPepper12

Feed Provider
If I run LevelMeter.pyc multiple times it shows the same audio sources each time. None disappear.

When I run LevelMeter.pyc I get a bunch of errors but I am then prompted to choose my indexes. I pick "2" for each, as you can see below. It then gives me a set of new errors. Any ideas?

**I attached my log, hopefully that comes through for you to see.

AUDIO DEVICE LISTING:
Output Device 0: bcm2835 ALSA: - (hw:0,0)
Output Device 1: bcm2835 ALSA: IEC958/HDMI (hw:0,1)
Input Device 2: USB Audio Device: - (hw:1,0)
Output Device 2: USB Audio Device: - (hw:1,0)
Output Device 3: sysdefault
Output Device 4: dmix
Input Device 5: default
Output Device 5: default

Enter input device index: 2
Enter output device index: 2

ALSA lib conf.c:4528_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround40.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround40
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround41
ALSA lib conf.c:5007(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround50
ALSA lib conf.c:4528(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif

File "LevelMeter.py", line 81, in <module>
File "LevelMeter.py", line 102, in <module>
File "LevelMeter.py", line 92, in record

What audio sources show up when you run LevelMeter.py? If you run LevelMeter.py multiple times in a row, do the number of audio sources change?

Andy

Attachments

• Errors.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 137

DrPepper12

Feed Provider
Update.

I make the USB sound card as my default by going to:
sudo nano /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf

and changing:

defaults.pcm.card 1
defaults.pcm.device 0

I then told config.cfg to use index 3, which is system default. TTD will now open. If I leave my radio open squelch and launch TTD the "Audio Input Level" is all the way to the right. If I turn off the radio it does not move. If I start TTD with the radio off, the Audio Input Level is in the middle. Is this normal? Shouldn't the bar move like it does when you launch it in Windows based on the audio it is receiving. In Volume Control, I do see the level changes, so I know the sound card sees it.

With all that said, I still get errors when launching TTD. See below. The last entry is referring to a input overload, which I can't seem to figure out how to resolve.

ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528:_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
EXCEPTION

Successfully retrieved local tone info at 20:20:07 on 12/19/17
Tone1
Tone2
Longtone1
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
Exception in Tkinter callback
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1545, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 595, in callit
func(*args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 608, in read
return pa.read_stream(self._stream, num_frames, exception_on_overflow)
IOError: [Errno -9981] Input overflowed

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Updated Pi Install Instructions

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the efforts of DC31 and others, I've had some success building a TwoToneDetect executable file that will run on the Raspberry Pi. This executable bundles all of the Python dependencies, which greatly reduces the number of steps needed to get TTD running on a stock Pi OS image.

The instructions on the website for getting TTD running on a Pi had gotten pretty out of date, so I updated them today using the new executable files that I just posted on the site. The updated page is here:

TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi | TwoToneDetect

For those running TTD on a Pi, please take a look and let me know if these instructions work for you, if there are things that are unclear, should be added, etc.

Thanks,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.