TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeOrlando02

Why does TTD 71c always show as two separate processes in Windows 10? I am running in headless mode. I would like to be able to detect when it is running, but it is more difficult with two tasks for the same EXE.

MikeOrlando02

Not sure if its just me or other are having this issue on v71, but I cant seem to get the email body or subject to stay changed even saving and restarting the program. Also seems that I cant find the options in the config file to attempt to change manually. Also Im having issues with the email sending

I had similar issues, I found that the only place that has a subject line is the GUI of v71, it doesn't seem to exist in the remote admin so I believe it is just getting whipped out from the remote to the local copy as I cannot find it in the local tones file. My larger issue was the body is now custom and defaults blank since my last version so cell carrier was rejecting the MMS message as it had no subject or body and only the attached AMR audio. I added a body to all my tones and seem to be back up in running... in case someone else catches that issue.

Think I am finally up and running.

jwarmuth

Does anyone have a copy 71 I can download. I have 70 but now that the project has been purchased by I AM RESPONDING it is no longer available. Pisses me off so much that companies do this. Buy it then kill it just to sell it as a subscription!

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a copy 71 I can download. I have 70 but now that the project has been purchased by I AM RESPONDING it is no longer available. Pisses me off so much that companies do this. Buy it then kill it just to sell it as a subscription!
You can still get the new version, 73f from this link: TwoToneDetect Registration . It is basically the same with a few new boxes for IAR and has the IAR logo all over it.

chrismec

He sold out. Cant blame him. He has been working on this for a long time with little compensation. What sucks is I am responding is way too expensive. What a shame...

Get it while you can! 71 can be found here: https://files.catbox.moe/sv1mnp.zip

I have a working proof of concept two tone detector working in javascript. Plan is to have it interface with Twilio, Signalwire, Bandwidth, CallFire, etc... Anyone using it enters their preferred vendor credentials and detected two tones will be sent as text messages. Same same as TTD but with much better reliability.

He sold out. Cant blame him. He has been working on this for a long time with little compensation. What sucks is I am responding is way too expensive. What a shame...

Get it while you can! 71 can be found here: https://files.catbox.moe/sv1mnp.zip

I have a working proof of concept two tone detector working in javascript. Plan is to have it interface with Twilio, Signalwire, Bandwidth, CallFire, etc... Anyone using it enters their preferred vendor credentials and detected two tones will be sent as text messages. Same same as TTD but with much better reliability.
Probably should do whole other thread to ask. But oh well. Have you thought about putting a MQTT into it? I use TTD script to push MQTT messages to Node-Red for smart home triggers.

chrismec

I havent done anything with MQTT. I've skirted around it's periphery while searching for reliable ways to get messages sent out but never pulled the trigger. For my county (well, ex county, but I still volunteer time and resources to keep messaging up), I use TTD emails to fire off messages to Twilio and other cloud based services to get reliable sms's and phone calls that play the audio. Andy changed the terms of service though to NOT allow forwarding of emails to external servers shortly before the IAR deal... Which is fine he deserves a payday (and a break I'm sure). So I'm currently stuck at versions prior to the terms change, which is fine for now as it's all working.

I think adding mqtt would be great. Are you running an mqtt client on your mobile? doing something else with Node-Red?

Am thinking of starting on open source project for this with the goal of duplicating TTD with added support for Twilio, etc...

DC31

Feed Provider
I also have a simple python script that publishes to a topic for each tone set in TTD. One can then do whatever automation is desired from that published bit. I run an mqtt server on a raspberry pi. Smart home devices then subscribe to the appropriate topic to activate on designated tone sets. Use a $10 smart outlet to turn on a light on your bedstand, or unlock a station door, or sound an alarm, or send an email/text/push. Easily integrated with node-red. That brings a whole host of potential automation functions.

ghkenney

I know TTD has been sold to I AM RESPONDING, but I contacted them and they said "private people" can only get help from original designer or forums. I have two alerts set up, one for MABAS and one for my local dept. The MABAS alerts work flawlessly, but 1 day a week, but becoming more frequent, the local dept is false alerting. Yesterday I received 18 separate alerts for their general alarm tones over a three hour period, but none of them were real. I listened to the audio file texted and they confirm there are no tones during the recorded period. I have also listened to the feed live during these alerts and I can confirm that no general alarms or tones from other frequencies are being heard. Anyone have any thoughts on how to reduce false alerts.

DC31

Feed Provider
Post the log file for the time period containing the falses. There is a logfiles directory in your TTD folder.

Post also your local dept tone [section] from the tones.cfg file. Delete all the emails from it.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Turn the squelch up (move the bar to the right further)

I ran into the same issue with general chatter on the frequency causing a false hit because the Hz are constantly moving up and down and it just hits the sweet spot

turning up the squelch worked for me but leave it down low enough that it still recognizes the tone set. Balancing game.

ghkenney

Res21 thx for the squelch idea, I'll try that the next time is it firing off false alerts. DC31, I have attached the tones config file and tried attaching the log files but they were too large. I tried printing to a pdf and one file was over 4,000 pages long. The time frame for the 18 erroneous alerts was 7/20/20 beginning at 13:52hrs and ending 16:50hrs. FYI, the mabas alerts work great, the Fox Lake General Alarm is the one giving me fits. Thank you all, very much. Let me know how to link up the log files if that will still help.

Attachments

• tones config.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 7

DC31

Feed Provider
Res21 thx for the squelch idea, I'll try that the next time is it firing off false alerts. DC31, I have attached the tones config file and tried attaching the log files but they were too large. I tried printing to a pdf and one file was over 4,000 pages long. The time frame for the 18 erroneous alerts was 7/20/20 beginning at 13:52hrs and ending 16:50hrs. FYI, the mabas alerts work great, the Fox Lake General Alarm is the one giving me fits. Thank you all, very much. Let me know how to link up the log files if that will still help.
Just open the log file then copy and paste one of the false alerts in here Start about twenty lines before where it says Tone Set Found and go to the point where it says Recording Stopped.

DC31

Feed Provider
Just open the log file then copy and paste one of the false alerts in here Start about twenty lines before where it says Tone Set Found and go to the point where it says Recording Stopped.
Do the same thing for a valid decode of a tone set for comparison.

ghkenney

Do the same thing for a valid decode of a tone set for comparison.

Here are the invalid decodes for the Fox Lake General Alarm. I haven't seen a valid decode yet to log. I hope this helps. I tried the squelch this morning and still got 8 false alerts.

Attachments

• log_2020-07-28_10_09_40_211000.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 5

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Here are the invalid decodes for the Fox Lake General Alarm. I haven't seen a valid decode yet to log. I hope this helps. I tried the squelch this morning and still got 8 false alerts.

For some reason there's constant noise in your audio that happens to be at the correct frequencies to trigger false alerts. If the audio squelch threshold is set correctly, there's something causing it to break squelch. In any case, assuming that the A-B tone timing is standard, I'd suggest changing the A tone length parameter to 0.8 seconds and the B tone length parameter to 2.5 seconds. That should help, but may not completely eliminate the problem. The root cause appears to be some type of audio interference.

Also, it looks like you don't have ffmpeg installed, which is causing TTD to send out larger WAV files rather than compressed MP3 files.

Andy

ghkenney

For some reason there's constant noise in your audio that happens to be at the correct frequencies to trigger false alerts. If the audio squelch threshold is set correctly, there's something causing it to break squelch. In any case, assuming that the A-B tone timing is standard, I'd suggest changing the A tone length parameter to 0.8 seconds and the B tone length parameter to 2.5 seconds. That should help, but may not completely eliminate the problem. The root cause appears to be some type of audio interference.

Also, it looks like you don't have ffmpeg installed, which is causing TTD to send out larger WAV files rather than compressed MP3 files.

Andy
I have changed the tone length as suggested and downloaded the latest ffmpeg. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your time. Greg

MikeOrlando02

Is there any difference in function/features with v73f or is just for IaR integration? Still on v71c here so if there are some advantages I'd like to do it, but didn't see any release info. I have one agency when they are paged I consistently get only one page... the others work fine. BIG THANKS to Andy for keeping a free version out the for the us DIY'ers.

Edit --> Found the release notes in the other thread! I am going to try v73f as it seem like there are some improvements I would like to take advantage of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.