TX DPS in Harris County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I was sitting right next to a DPS unit and when he keyed up and talked on his radio I didn't hear him. Anybody know if they got new channels? I am currently scanning 155.4675 and 154.6875.

pitcockm

DPS has the ability to transmit on many different systems. DPS also has many different frequencies within their own system. He could have been on a state system, regional, county or local frequency.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering when someone was going to ask about that. They're currently operating on the TxWARN P25 system (TGID 2013/DPS Harris County Ch. 3). It also appears that DPS League City has begun to use the system as well.

Last edited:

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering when someone was going to ask about that. They're currently operating on the TxWARN P25 system (TGID 2013/DPS Harris County Ch. 3). It also appears that DPS League City has begun to use the system as well.

Do you know if it is patched with the analog system?

Edit: And I don't see that TG in the database.

Last edited:

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I was sitting right next to a DPS unit and when he keyed up and talked on his radio I didn't hear him. Anybody know if they got new channels? I am currently scanning 155.4675 and 154.6875.
Where was this at? Base B only covers the north and west portions of Harris County.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Do you know if it is patched with the analog system?

Edit: And I don't see that TG in the database.

As far as I know, it isn't. When I was down there last week, I noticed that 2013 kept popping up with DPS Houston traffic on it. I didn't hear anything on their designated TG, 2273. I actually meant it to be tagged as DPS Houston Ch. 2, not Ch. 3.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I've tried the original one too with no luck. I will see if I can do a wildcard and lock out every other TG in the system to see if I can find a new TG.

precoislen

TG 2273 for TX DPS has been active on the P25 TXWARN system this morning.

Radio traffic has been sporadic but they are tx/rx on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.