TX Hwy Dept. freqs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Morning, Gents,

I'm curious about the TX Highway (D.O.T.) low-band traffic (45-47mhz). I've "heard" from various sources that the Tx Hwy Patrol also uses these in their "speeder" works to communicate between units. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Now, living in NW Louisiana, I'm NOT going to give out the "speedtraps" to anyone coming thru here nor
am I going to "avoid" them when traveling to Waskom,Tx on occassion. I'm just interested in hearing the
low-band traffic for QSL purposes. ;-)

Respectfully submitted,

Don/KA5LQJ

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Many DPS cars have CB radios installed, but I have never seen or heard of low-band FM radios being installed in their vehicles.

twobytwo

Rattler, I thought that all CBs had to be removed out of DPS cars because of a law suit when someone tried to call A DPS officer & could not get one during some kinda emergency. I havent seen a CB in a troopers car in a long time.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Seen a few around here lately. Didn't know anything about a lawsuit. My buddy drives hotshot around Texas and has been called by "DOT" guys, or Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, to do a driving "check" of his lighting. Don't know if it is policy, but it happened.

SCPD

QRT
The Collin Co. TXDPS-CVE officer I see every morning still has his CB in that Dodge Ram. He says the only time he uses it is to listen to Rock Haulers.

TXDPS has a low band license a few years ago, was supposed to be used for DPS station security.

Boulder

CVE Troopers between Mt. Vernon and Texarkana still use CB radios in their trucks mostly to listen to Log and Chip and Rock trucks in this area. Also saw a regular Trooper the other day in Wood County with a CB still installed in his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.