TXR 1 software and Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
Could i please get soem help as to why my TX 1 will not connect with TXR1 software. in device manager next to TRX there is a Yellow Triangle, what wrong?

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
When I try to install the driver windows say following

THE THIRD-PARTY INF DOES NOT CONTAIN DIGITAL SIGNATURE INFORMATION

What does this mean???

2E0YTT

How to disable driver signature enforcement - Windows 8.1 & 8 by MTTech on youtube I followed the instuctions on youtube and worked a treat dont forget you can only programme the scanner with ezscan if scanner is off

TAbirdman

1) Scanner SHOULD NOT BE CONNECTED to the PC
2) Uninstall EZScan - and reboot your PC
3) Remove SD card from unit and use a card reader to access the SOFTWARE folder on the card.
4) Click on Set up to reinstall EZScan
5) Follow all onscreen prompts
6) If the program already hasn't done so, check for update on the PC APP
7) Replace SD card into scanner and plug it into your USB port. UNIT MUST BE OFF!
8) Under SCANNER/SD CARD pull down menu select "Set real time clock to Computer time". If its successful then you are ready.

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
Followed these to the T,,, When i try to set the time is says scanner not connected.

1) Scanner SHOULD NOT BE CONNECTED to the PC
2) Uninstall EZScan - and reboot your PC
3) Remove SD card from unit and use a card reader to access the SOFTWARE folder on the card.
4) Click on Set up to reinstall EZScan
5) Follow all onscreen prompts
6) If the program already hasn't done so, check for update on the PC APP
7) Replace SD card into scanner and plug it into your USB port. UNIT MUST BE OFF!
8) Under SCANNER/SD CARD pull down menu select "Set real time clock to Computer time". If its successful then you are ready.

TAbirdman

Ok, if that didn't work try this link again ( https://whistlergroup.com/apps/help...oftware-i-am-using-windows-8-81-or-windows-10) has to be followed as written or it will not work.
other things:
1) try a different USB cable
2) Try a different USB port ( not 3.0)
3) if your PC is a laptop is it in a docking station? If so, remove it from the docking station and retry.
4) The USB cable is connected DIRECTLY to the pc correct and not to a USB hub device? If connected to a HUB then connect the USB cable directly to the PC.
5) Is this a MAC running under windows?

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
My PC is a desk Top HP computer running windows 8.1, not a Mac. I tried all of this again and still nothing. I am not using a USB Hub I am plugged right into the PC.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think you might be barking up the wrong tree here - I don't believe it's the software that is giving you the issue; it's a USB driver issue.

I seem to recall that a yellow triangle in Device Manager as being one of the symptoms of trying to use an invalid or unsigned driver for the USB connection...there have been numerous reports of this with people using older USB cables and finding out they don't work in Win8 (and later), and this has been one of the reported symptoms .

Just a thought...Mike

adcockfred

I have the same problem that you have except I am running win 10 upgraded from ult 7. The first help I found was going into the registry and deleting filters. In my machine I found filters in dvd,mouse, and keyboard. But the instructions I was following was for the triangle net work adapters, not others like you. my triangle is in ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.