TxWARN 9 Counties Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroz51

Ok, I dont know if I get myself into a mess here. I have a BCT8, trying to program all of the Metro Houston Area, TX (9 counties). What is the best way to do this?? I have ScanControl Software and the Uniden BCT8SS software that came with my scanner. I have been using ScanControl. I know that the they have to be in order so that when I enter the talkgroups. Problem is that I cant get them all in one bank. HelP??

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I don't think that a banks & groups scanner exists that can handle all of the TxWARN Moto system in one bank.

First of all, start out with the idea that one bank is programmed for local stuff. You didn't indicate, but if you are using the BCT8 as a base station, don't bother to program those areas that you can't hear anyway. If you are using it as a mobile, then again, still program one for local (around the "close to home") areas. That way, you are only listening to the local stuff when you are near home. Then divide the Houston Metro area into 4 other banks (North, East, South, West) and in those banks program the sites and TGs that are in those sections. As for further out, well you can either extend the 4 banks suggested above or commit another bank to out of area sites and TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.