TXWARN in Brazos county

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Brazos County transition to Project 25 Phase II (TDMA) ? As of last week or the week before I was able to listen to them on my HP1 and now I don't receive them. I upgraded my system to the new firmware version this morning and ever since then, I don't get as many channels as I used to. And yes I upgraded the database as well. I have the Atten. turned off and the range set to max. I can get the TXWARN from Walker county but Brazos county doesn't even show up even though I am actually closer to them.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Did Brazos County transition to Project 25 Phase II (TDMA) ? As of last week or the week before I was able to listen to them on my HP1 and now I don't receive them. I upgraded my system to the new firmware version this morning and ever since then, I don't get as many channels as I used to. And yes I upgraded the database as well. I have the Atten. turned off and the range set to max. I can get the TXWARN from Walker county but Brazos county doesn't even show up even though I am actually closer to them.

No, nothing's changed. I was listening to them just fine yesterday evening.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This was being kicked around in the HP-1 Extreme thread as well.

When the TxWARN P25 system was re-tagged as a P25 Phase II system, because a couple of the talkgroups in the Harris County area appeared to be Phase II (TDMA), instead of Phase I (FDMA), that made the system a type that the HP-1 'could not monitor', so it's no longer showing in the database downloads. I don't recall whether the comment was in in a thread here in the Texas forum, or up in the GRE forum, but the same thing occurred with the PSR-800. While it does, by all accounts, monitor the "X-2" talkgroups in use elsewhere, it's supposedly not specified yet to handle true Phase II.

I still believe the blanket "Phase II" designation for TxWARN P25 is incorrect, especially since only a few talkgroups (by what I've seen posted) meet that criteria. There should be some interim classification, that would leave the system in the database, with some form of mode tagging to denote which talkgroups are Phase II.

If you have a saved favorites list, with the system, it will still work. I have a couple of sites from the northern (ETMC driven) branch of the system in favorites lists. The deletion (or current omission, would probably be more accurate) from the main database listings does not affect those. You can also create whatever sites you need in Sentinel relatively easily, with talkgroups, and attach those to your main working favorites list.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I still don't understand why Walker county TXWARN downloads during a database update though, if all systems are now considered Phase II.
The TxWARN that shows up under Walker now (I just looked again to be sure) is the analog system of TxWARN, not the digital TxWARN P25. That one would not be tagged as a Phase II.

Status
Not open for further replies.