TXWARN P25 T.G help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
While monitoring the TXWARN system the past several days
I have noticed the talk group 882
Showing up on Groveton and Crockett site's. I heard what sounded like a police unit being dispatched to the Davey Crockett national Forest information center for a motorist assist ? I can't find this I.D listed in the database and I'm using DEC not HEX. Need help identifying this talk group. I thought it might be Houston County Sheriff's office But not sure if they use this system. If anyone in this area that monitors these site's can help identify it's origin and let me know ?
Thanks ....
Kyle :)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While monitoring the TXWARN system the past several days
I have noticed the talk group 882
Showing up on Groveton and Crockett site's. I heard what sounded like a police unit being dispatched to the Davey Crockett national Forest information center for a motorist assist ? I can't find this I.D listed in the database and I'm using DEC not HEX. Need help identifying this talk group. I thought it might be Houston County Sheriff's office But not sure if they use this system. If anyone in this area that monitors these site's can help identify it's origin and let me know ?
Thanks ....
Kyle :)
You're more likely to get a useful answer if you request that this thread be moved down to the Texas Forum. There, you question would be more noticeable by members in that region. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

The talkgroup in question is not in the database because no one has identified it and submitted the information to update the database. Someone in the Texas forum, from the Houston Metro or East Texas area, would be more likely to give you a suggestion on that talkgroup.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I passed through Crockett Tuesday evening and they were definitely still using 155.5575 for the SO, but since I was using only one scanner I didn’t hear anything on the TxWARN site for that TG simultaneously. The only TG I heard at all was UTH EMS Central dispatch. The best way to tell is to listen to further unit numbers and locations and types of calls. See if they match up with HCSO. Next time I go through there will be 10 days or so and I’ll run both scanners then to see what I find.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I passed through Crockett Tuesday evening and they were definitely still using 155.5575 for the SO, but since I was using only one scanner I didn’t hear anything on the TxWARN site for that TG simultaneously. The only TG I heard at all was UTH EMS Central dispatch. The best way to tell is to listen to further unit numbers and locations and types of calls. See if they match up with HCSO. Next time I go through there will be 10 days or so and I’ll run both scanners then to see what I find.
YES I've been recording these 2 systems. I get a lot of ETMC Central dispatch hits. So i guess i will put the record on 155.5575 and compare the conversations to this talk group and see if the dispatchers voice is the same as well as unit numbers then perhaps i can figure this out. I do enjoy finding new talk groups !

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Good possibility !
YES i am 99 percent certain that this talk group belongs to DPS Lufkin. So i guess they are switching to this system. I don't want to post it on the database until other's can help confirm that T.G 882 is indeed DPS Lufkin !

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I have recorded several more conversations on this talk group. One the dispatcher calling Lufkin 2V3xx and another where the dispatcher advising units that she was away from the console.
So sounds like DPS to me !
So if anyone living near Lufkin by a TXWARN site can try monitoring this we might solve this mystery :)

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I have recorded several more conversations on this talk group. One the dispatcher calling Lufkin 2V3xx and another where the dispatcher advising units that she was away from the console.
So sounds like DPS to me !
So if anyone living near Lufkin by a TXWARN site can try monitoring this we might solve this mystery :)
Ok. It's Been confirmed. Just heard dispatcher say DPS Lufkin to all units on talk group 882. I Sent it to the database should appear soon !
Thanks Kevin C for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.