TxWARN P25 Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today that the TxWARN P25 DB page was updated. It said that 13 talkgroups were updated, but I didn't see any highlighted. Which ones were updated?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Most likey, 13 function tags were updated. These are logged simply as updates with no details.

Last edited:

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
i heard the galveston pd dispatcher today telling units
to go to the e o c to have all radios reprogrammed..
i believe they are about to go digital soon.... the fire
dept is already broadcasting some tranmissions on
txwarn P25 trunk syastem as well as the current txwarn
motorola trunk system.. if i am correct the new ID for
galveston pd ch 1 dispatch should be 3263 ......
please correct me if im wrong about the ID #

FlashSWT

As kmartin mentioned, Galveston has had a ton of units getting radios reprogrammed this past week. Public works is still only on analog but most public safety has started broadcasting on the P25 GC Simulcast at the same time as well. I'm also seeing instances where a TG (right now Galveston PD 2) is broadcasting on P25 but not the Galveston analog site.

One interesting side effect is I'm seeing a lot of very high Radio IDs that all show up as 65520 on the analog system.

It seems less than half of Galveston County has shown up on P25 so far.

I've been submitting TG updates daily as I'm logging new activity in Unitrunker. The simulcast site is very busy compared to the analog, as expected. I've seen every frequency in use at the same time on several occasions.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
One interesting side effect is I'm seeing a lot of very high Radio IDs that all show up as 65520 on the analog system.

That's a limitation of the analog system. Though both the analog and digital WARN systems are controlled by a single controller now the analog system can only address up to 65,520 individual radio IDs, whereas the digital side can handle upwards of 16 million.

edit: You might want to go ahead and just plug in every identified GC talkgroup into 1A7 (remembering to divide the analog TGID by 16 to get the digital equivalent.) Chances are if it isn't active now it will be soon.

Last edited:

FlashSWT

That's a limitation of the analog system. Though both the analog and digital WARN systems are controlled by a single controller now the analog system can only address up to 65,520 individual radio IDs, whereas the digital side can handle upwards of 16 million.

edit: You might want to go ahead and just plug in every identified GC talkgroup into 1A7 (remembering to divide the analog TGID by 16 to get the digital equivalent.) Chances are if it isn't active now it will be soon.

Otaku, I new the reason for the high IDs, I could have phrased it better. What I meant was interesting is that I'm seeing them all the sudden. Now admittedly I haven't run Unitrunker in a few months, but previously all Radio IDs I saw on the P25 site were below 65,520, and hence matched up with the Analog system.

On the talk groups: Entering them all right away would be one way to do it, but I'm finding it interesting to see when they start popping up. And since our database moderators didn't just do that themselves here, I'm assuming they're also wanting to wait and see what actually moves over to the P25 system.

This could be a good opportunity to weed out any old unused TGs that were listed in the analog database but not actually used.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
The latest revision of TSICP includes a page on statewide coordination and allocation of trunk system RIDs. IIRC the "county" side of TXWARN is allocated 65521-2999999 and the city side has 3000000-4999999. The legacy system range (1-65520) isn't coordinated. So owing to that, any new radios added to the system would most likely be allocated in the 65521+ range.

FlashSWT

The latest revision of TSICP includes a page on statewide coordination and allocation of trunk system RIDs. IIRC the "county" side of TXWARN is allocated 65521-2999999 and the city side has 3000000-4999999. The legacy system range (1-65520) isn't coordinated. So owing to that, any new radios added to the system would most likely be allocated in the 65521+ range.

Very cool information to have, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.